Topic: a question of global significance

In the UK we have whats called "chocolate digestive biscuits" and they happen to be one of my favourites. They are a circular biscuit with chocolate on one side only.

Now I don't know if these are available anywhere else in the world but if they are I have a question for you;
When eating a chocolate digestive (or similar) do you hold the biscuit chocolate side up or chocolate side down? This is important (to me) just as important as the argument about which side of a boiled egg you cut, pointy end or the thick end? Do you plug your seat belt in before or after starting the engine? the list goes on... 

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: a question of global significance

Break them in half put the choc sides together and then dunk in your coffee.     

Chocolate side up for me!!     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

1. No idea. Though we do have a cookie called Keebler Fudge Stripes. Those require a dunk in cold milk to make the chocolate harden, then I eat it chocolate coated side down.
2. I pick one up, shell it, salt it, sprinkle on some hot sauce, and bite into it. No silverware is involved. Nor plates. If this offends you, I recommend that you NEVER go into an Appalachian bar on account of the pickled eggs and their consumption. What they do with pig's feet may cause a more severe negative reaction.
3. After. But so long as you buckle up before driving off, that's what matters.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Hi Grah, hope you're well?

Why break them in half? When I get up I eat 2 bananas while I check my emails and Chordie. That done I get 2 mcvities chocolate digestives and a cheeselet and make a sandwich choc side in, milk obligatory! delish!     

Jim, it's got to be chocolate side up just in case the chocolate breaks off and hits the floor.     

Fudge stripes? nope never heard of them Zurf. Pickled eggs and pig trotters (feet) are also consumed this side of the pond along with cockles (sourced locally) lava bread (seaweed)  cawl, and of course Welsh curry , then you will need reinforced seat belts as you may become rocket fueled...lol     

chocolate side up
dont like boiled eggs so no opinion
and after i start up, and some times i like to be a dare devil and thumb my nose at the nanny state go with it out on short trips 

i have questions to
why is there brail on a drive thru  atm key pad?
why does cargo go by ship and a shipment go by truck?
and why is there an expiration date on  SOUR cream     

out of tune out of key and out of touch

I cut the pointy end off chocolate digestives and then plug it in the seat belt.     

The King Of Audio Torture

10 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-03-10 09:38:39)

I love that a biscuit called chocolate digestive. It  has got  to be something a doctor would prescribe to help one maintain good health and regular bowl movements. Here in New Zealand they sell biscuits called Chocolate  Thins I often wonder what the opposite of a Chocolate Thin would be called. That thought could  keep me awake all night what is more desirable a Chocolate Thin or a Chocolate Fat. Maybe the person at the politically correct  café  selling them might ask of the customer," would you like your chocolate obese or anorexic"?.

Shwmae Pete. We have chocolate thins too but they're not as satisfying! It's like "this is chicken flavoured tofu that tastes like wet cardboard!" Why have something that's meant to taste like something else? Trying to fool your senses into thinking you're eating the real thing? Die fat and happy...that's what I say!     

easybeat wrote:

I cut the pointy end off chocolate digestives and then plug it in the seat belt.

I often cut the pointy end off chocolate eggs! Then suck out the creme inside. Well done Brian you made me laugh out loud on a cold, wet,depressing windy day.     

Mojo, those are but a few of the mysteries of the universe. Here's another...why pour boiling water into a chocolate tea pot? My mother used to tell me "you come home dead and I'll kill you" it's a Welsh thing, she didn't mean it. As McCartney said "put it here if it weighs a ton".
And finally...why blame and tax the poor for the inventions that made the rich richer? Eg the motor car!     

Phill Williams wrote:

Fudge stripes? nope never heard of them Zurf. Pickled eggs and pig trotters (feet) are also consumed this side of the pond along with cockles (sourced locally) lava bread (seaweed)  cawl, and of course Welsh curry , then you will need reinforced seat belts as you may become rocket fueled...lol

I don't favor the pickled pigs feet myself, but I much prefer the term "trotters" for them.

I have no idea what a cockle is. Is it a rooster with a hard shell?

Not sure what cawl is, but I suspect it's something different than here, as here it refers to a placenta. I would hope you're not eating those in pubs.

I do like curry, but I prefer it made with goat or seafood rather than Welsh. They put up too much of a fight and then they sing you a song about it.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

great conversation
have you heard Macdonalds are not using cardboard anymore
they are using meat!!     

Zurf wrote:
Phill Williams wrote:

I don't favor the pickled pigs feet myself, but I much prefer the term "trotters" for them.

I have no idea what a cockle is. Is it a rooster with a hard shell?

Not sure what cawl is, but I suspect it's something different than here, as here it refers to a placenta. I would hope you're not eating those in pubs.

I do like curry, but I prefer it made with goat or seafood rather than Welsh. They put up too much of a fight and then they sing you a song about it.

Cockles are a small shellfish which are in great abundance here as is lavabread or seaweed, my father loved cockles with lavabread and bacon for breakfast! I prefer my bacon in a full English, yum yum.

Cawl is a kind of soup traditionally made with lamb, potatoes and various veg all boiled together in a big crochan or pot in English.

Welsh curry is not made from Welshmen but if it was it would taste great and sing sweetly to the sound of a Welsh harp! One side of my extended family are from India and they love their goat curry. I prefer chicken madras myself     

easybeat wrote:

great conversation
have you heard Macdonalds are not using cardboard anymore
they are using meat!!

What! real meat?
Now if the veggies get their way we'll all have to stop eating meat to halt global warming! So in a hundred years time all the cows, sheep chickens and any game animals will have become extinct because we cant eat them as they are causing the methane that is destroying the ozone layer, and if we cant eat them what is the point of farming them?

No point to living;
1. cars will run on electric, no emissions, no fossil fuels= clean air
2. no refineries or heavy industry = no pollution
3. no meat products, farms will only grow crops = no need for farm animals
4. resulting in no jobs, cant afford to buy an electric car so no mobility unless you're a farmer or working in the financial industry
the good news, we'll be able to breath and our cities will remain on dry land     

18 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-03-11 06:50:50)

Shwmae Phill
I have read that if manufacturers succeed in driving down current sky-high production costs, you may soon see lab-grown meat not just in fancy restaurants, but on grocery store shelves, too. Some scientists expect  that lab meat will be in the supermarket within two to five years, and could be as inexpensive  or cheaper than conventional meat in a decade. Does this mean all our  farm animals will end up becoming extinct due to a lack of money to keep them healthy and happy on a farm.? Maybe it could be a good thing if they could grow lab fish so that over fished fish stocks in the ocean could rebuild their numbers. Not sure where this is taking us the high tech world. If you have robots and labs growing and distributing all this stuff what happens to the human worker? I don’t use the self check outs in the supermarkets as I like the idea of a human in paid work doing it for me. Many of my neighbours around here don’t even go to the supermarket they shop online. Me I like to be surrounded by what I am buying but I must admit I enjoy getting out of the supermarket and getting our food home. My Maree can spend all day looking around shops where as I like to get in and out of a shop without too much hanging around.   Though I mentioned meat as being inexpensive above, here in New Zealand it is actually expensive. We pay more for our meat locally than the people overseas pay for the same product. Why that is I am not sure something to do with we need to export more than we import and overseas money has a better value in the exchange rate. Phill your mention of cockles  reminded me of my dad and his parents when I was a kid singing at parties.
In Dublin's fair city,
Where the girls are so pretty,
I first set my eyes on sweet Molly Malone,
As she wheeled her wheel-barrow,
Through streets broad and narrow,
Crying, "Cockles and mussels, alive, alive, oh!"

Hey Phill
i bought digestives in my shopping today,thanks for reminding me about them.
In NZ the govt wanted to bring in a ``fart tax`` because of farm animals causing methane .
Well that didn`t do too well.but im sure they will try again.
In a world that people seem to want more natural,the same people are buying lab made food.
can`t they see the contradiction??     

Hi Brian. The weak minded will always follow the latest trends...remember hipster trousers? I still have bad feet after winkle picker shoes! We had a big thing a couple of years back concerning GM foods, that has gone quiet so we're probably eating it without our knowledge! Still, this third arm comes in very handy at times...lol

(I had to chuck the joke in as this thread is getting very serious)     

Imagine if sheep went extinct? What would Australian men do for fun...sheer each other maybe?

We've never had supermarket deliveries, I like to choose what foodstuffs come to my larder. I too hate shopping , but it has to be done! I wrote a song about sitting outside the shops for Ann while the traffic warden was getting ready to write me a ticket, true story!
As for lab animals, maybe they could Jurassic park some whales so the Japanese won't need to hunt them for "scientific purposes"?
I believe the poles are melting due to polar bears in the north and penguins in the south peeing on the ice causing it to melt?     

22 (edited by Dirty Ed 2021-03-11 14:11:56)

https://soundcloud.com/user-198880521/t … -the-truth     

In some area of the US, the facility the Brits refer to as a "loo", we call a "john",  and the best known brand of tractor is John Deere.

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Brilliant, if anyone wants a good laugh i recommend this song     

Thanks Phill     

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Dirty Ed wrote:

https://soundcloud.com/user-198880521/t … -the-truth     

In some area of the US, the facility the Brits refer to as a "loo", we call a "john",  and the best known brand of tractor is John Deere.

I like your song Ken. Here is a bit of Kiwi farm humour attached.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqc-5cs5c9w