Topic: Well...shoot.

We knew it was coming sooner or later.

It's looking like my sister is looking at her last days. I pray not. But I am a believer in math as well as the Lord.

She is suffering from pneumonia, which appears to be generated from lung cancer. She is not fully recovered from the bone cancer that was in her jaw from three years ago. She is over 60 years old. The recovery rate for third time cancer victims over 60 when the most recent cancer bout was under five years ago is very, very small.

I wasn't expecting this. COVID, sure. Car wreck because she's a terrible driver - any day. This? Nope.

I'd turn to my local friends, but there aren't any. I live in a highly transient area, and after a year of COVID shut-in, I have few locals left. 

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Well...shoot.

sorry to hear that zurf, lost a brother and both parents to cancer .  my oldest sister fell and broke her hip two weeks ago afraid its going to put her in a nursing home.     

out of tune out of key and out of touch

So sorry to hear your sad news Zurf, need I say you have many friends here on Chordie.

Also Mojo, please accept my sympathies to you both     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

So sorry to hear about that.     

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Zurf and Mojo, I am sorry to hear about the tough time  your sisters are going through.     

Zurf and Mojo and anyone else dealing with such heartache.

I am truly sorry for the unfortunate circumstances you are facing.
I too have faced such situations, losing two of my brothers in the last year and a half.
There isn't much we can do except to try to ease their pain and bring peace to our own mind.
I think this is an appropriate line - one that I came across in my situation that sticks in my mind.

" Wherever a beautiful soul has been, no matter that they are gone
there's always a trail of beautiful memories that we can look back upon"

It's good to have our "chordie family", where the compassion and care we share is  as
righteous as the music we write and play.

Cheers and best wishes to you all
Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I wish I could convey how bad I feel for you Derek. It seems lately that you have had many of your loved ones go through terrible ordeals and due to your empathic nature you also suffer their pain. If I could, I'd be sitting near a campfire with you, sharing some bourbon and trying to ease some of the load you're bearing old friend.

Sorry to hear about your sister also Mojo.     

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

mojo01 wrote:

sorry to hear that zurf, lost a brother and both parents to cancer .  my oldest sister fell and broke her hip two weeks ago afraid its going to put her in a nursing home.

Dang it! A broken hip is a bad deal.     

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Thanks everyone for your concern.     

Oh Zurf. You can't seem to catch a break lately. So sorry you've had to endure so much heartache in such a short period of time. I'm not quite local but if you'd like to get together for a little music therapy, let me know. It's less the 1.5 hours to your place and I'd be happy to make the trip. Seriously. smile     

unclejoesband wrote:

Oh Zurf. You can't seem to catch a break lately. So sorry you've had to endure so much heartache in such a short period of time. I'm not quite local but if you'd like to get together for a little music therapy, let me know. It's less the 1.5 hours to your place and I'd be happy to make the trip. Seriously. smile

Thanks Uncle Joe. We're still playing it safe here for now. I will take you up on that soon, though.     

Sis survived the initial surgery.

Now it's a waiting game on the biopsies.     

Doctors now don't BELIEVE that she has cancer.

They BELIEVED she had cancer a few days ago and now they don't.

I do wish some facts were available, but given her troublesome health, perhaps this is the best they can do. Scope and fluid tests do not indicate cancer.     

Hallelujah Zurf that is good news.     

thats great     

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Good news Derek     

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

May she get well soon. Please forward our best wishes.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Just getting caught up here.  Thinking of your family and sister, my friend.     

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and prayers.

Sis is at home and recovering better there than she would in the hospital. The county has set up regular visits from a nurse to come keep an eye on her. Sis says the nurse is very kind and very efficient and she likes her very well.