Topic: why is it?

why is it  when my friends ask me to learn a new song for our annual get together it never fails to requires the vocal range of Roy Orbison and the chords are a bowl of alphabet soup?
i am three chords and a cloud of dust with a mono tone  vocal range , they best really be hammered when they ask me to play it . just saying 

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Re: why is it?

Right?

"Oh, you know what song I'd really love to hear you play? The Al DiMeola Full Catalog Medley Featuring Placido Domingo and Al Jureau." 

"Uh, OK. Sure. That'd be great. What you'll get is Johnny Cash's Blue Train without the Carl Perkins solo."

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

exactly lol

Zurf wrote:

Right?

"Oh, you know what song I'd really love to hear you play? The Al DiMeola Full Catalog Medley Featuring Placido Domingo and Al Jureau." 

"Uh, OK. Sure. That'd be great. What you'll get is Johnny Cash's Blue Train without the Carl Perkins solo."

out of tune out of key and out of touch

See boys- if you are like me - no one ever asks !!

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke