1 (edited by beamer 2021-06-04 05:37:15)

Topic: CAFFEINE AND KRYPTONITE

I met a nice young lady at the pub the other day and she was reading some poetry books.  We started talking.  I showed her Shades Of Gray (which she really liked!)  We exchanged numbers and she sent me a text askeing me to edit her idea and thoughts from a jurnal into a poem.

This is the result.

CAFFEINE AND KRYPTONITE

Caffeine or my kryptonite.
No love,  just sex last night
Back to back with hands we still grasp.

The music I play
As you lay there snoring.
Lyrics bouncing off,
You are done,  and now I am boring.

You no longer let me snuggle.
So now I drink and hide in this bubble.
I can crash and pretend there is no trouble.

You wake for us to go our separate ways,
Who knows the hours or days.
Love songs have no appeal,
For my heart you did steel.

Thoughts by AG.

Edited and composed by Beamer.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: CAFFEINE AND KRYPTONITE

The only line missing there is ; I'll phone you sometime but they never do!

I could feel the anguish in this young ladys thoughts, you've compiled them into a coherent poem. The story tells of lust which never lasts, sex without love is never truly satisfying and leaves the young lady with remorse and in danger of the consequences.

You've treated her thoughts with more respect than the guy in the poem. Well done     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Used as a sex object and not loved an interesting poem. Boy meets girl they jump into a sex microwave no slow cooker relationship build; a quick pounding of meat nothing tender nothing sweet.     

Phill Williams wrote:

The only line missing there is ; I'll phone you sometime but they never do!

I could feel the anguish in this young ladys thoughts, you've compiled them into a coherent poem. The story tells of lust which never lasts, sex without love is never truly satisfying and leaves the young lady with remorse and in danger of the consequences.

You've treated her thoughts with more respect than the guy in the poem. Well done

Thank you.  I did the best I could for due justice and respect.     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

That is really thought provoking.

I am going to have to disagree with Phill which I never have but....

I beg to differ on this one... "sex without love is never truly satisfying "
sometimes it was way back when. Not that it made me a better  person - but it sure was satisfying (actually for both of us)     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

As long as it’s fun for both. And mutual.  But I this case it’s really not a good thing.     

Jim, you obviously haven't read my post properly as you echo the sentiments I have put down. In fact you've used the same words...this is a fine post which has generated a relevant conversation. I may be being chauvinistic here but; men/boys will always try it on, it's in our genes, pun intended. Some men, I call them cave men, want to spread their seed as far and wide as possible regardless of the consequences. We rely on women to have the common sense to say "no" trouble is we are all human male and female and we all have needs and desires.
Jim don't take offense at my jokey rebuke at the start, and don't disagree with me again...lol     

Phill,
gotcha !  I see what you mean.

It's funny though how sometimes ( not very often) it works the other side and it's the guy that gets used and dropped.

Everyone should adhere to the line you mention,  No means NO in every instance.  I have three daughters and I understand.

Good song Beamer - lots to think about.

Jim

p.s.  I think the judges have ruled that technically I did not disagree with you Phill, so it's still a "perfect 10"   record!  smile     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

May the force be with you, nanoo, nanoo and most of all...live long and prosper.

You are correct Jim, the female of the species can turn "female dog from hell" when you turn up on her doorstep for the kids with your new significant other sitting in the car. Claws at 16 paces, and loss of visitation rights...I know as I've been there!