Topic: I Can't Sing Sweet

I  wrote this after talking to Easy Beat about the frustration of not being able to sing good. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgJz9zeuxrg 

Re: I Can't Sing Sweet

Peatle

Peatle
singing - or as I call it the bane of my existence is such a gift.  there are many levels of it. Your singing reminds me a bit of the great Tom Waits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfYBtuqogJ0

JIm     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

3 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-06-16 21:34:52)

Cheers Jim I find singing and playing music well is something I will never master,. For some strange reason despite my lack of talent music keeps luring me back. They were talking about songs on the radio a couple of early mornings back that were about the telephone songs and the phone operators that  used to connect long distance calls  which are all now  obsolete things due  to communications systems that have changed with smartphones.. They put the song on as an example of this,  Martha  by Tom Waits it was something I didn't expect to be hearing a song written or done by him like this. It was the right song for me to hear at that moment as some parts of it resonated with me. To sing like Tom I will have to take up smoking maybe a hundred cigarettes a day. On Martha his throat sounds a bit clearer than usual. I will attach the song,  Martha  done by Tom..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDcco9rGOlE

I see you're feeling better Pedr?
Anyone can slap out chord after chord and sing like Freddy Mercury...well not Freddy, Not many have that original singing and playing style you exhibit. And of course your exceptional observational skill to transform that observation into a song or poem. I loved that high note, was Maree crushing the family jewels?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

"was Maree crushing the family jewels? "

Bahahahahahahaha  Phil  u made me spit good liquor out - so funny!!     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Phill Williams wrote:

I see you're feeling better Pedr?
Anyone can slap out chord after chord and sing like Freddy Mercury...well not Freddy, Not many have that original singing and playing style you exhibit. And of course your exceptional observational skill to transform that observation into a song or poem. I loved that high note, was Maree crushing the family jewels?

Cheers Piri

I am on new meds that are making me feel a lot better than what I have for a while. That high note was one of those test tickle moments.

A squeeze of the hand on a vital gland.

Helped this silly sod.

Reach high notes like he never had before.

Before he paid his money and got thrown out the door.

Beware good folks his singing coach with a Jewelry broach.

A beautiful girl

With the obvious name of Pearl.

Was no real Lady.

In fact, she was shady.

Worked part time as a stripper.

To help feed her nippers.

Is a singing teacher and more.

Note I wrote a singing teacher and a word that rhymes with war.

Has squeezed high notes from many a boy before.

Those who wanted to do more.

Than what they paid for.     

Those meds may be working too well, buddy! It's great to see the old Pedr back.

There's no P in toilet
There's no H in love
There's no I in joyo
And no L in heaven...twice

I'll leave you to work that out     

I like that Piri

Is it A to Z

Alpha to omega.

Or heaven to L     

LOL   NICE ONE
P
H
I
L
L

You are such a sharp wit !

I sure wish all my chordie friends were my neighbors in reality. It would be such a blast.
Jim     

I agree with  you Jim it would be great to have you all as real life  neighbours. It is a privilege to live on the continent of Cyberland  in a town called Chordie.     

President Per and prime minister Roger....all the baddies would be spammers and hackers that we could delete. Utopia?     

12 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-06-18 21:32:45)

Maye we could do  a Doctor Who and have friendly  Daleks running around our town exterminating all spammers and hackers.  If my memory is correct did the Daleks go around saying "exterminate" as they set about  to destroying things.? I was told the other day Doctor Who is now a woman so that would help our town of Chordie  which seems to be full of men nowadays. Good thing about Doctor Who if it keeps going is at least kids in the future  will know what a telephone box was. Here in NZ pay telephones and telephone boxes have all disappeared and in two years time all  landlines here are going to be disconnected when they close the phone exchange.

Yes you are correct: the Daleks did "EXTERMINATE" people with extreme prejudice, they'd blow smoke from an appendage which turned the victim see through and become a pile of dust, So yeah, sounds like the right sentence for spammers, hackers and politicians, not Chordie politicians obviously!
At this time land lines are needed in the UK and telephone boxes are provided so the vandals have something to practice on before going professional and becoming ram raiders!

Right again, Dr Who? is a woman of the female variety. There are rumours that certain American starlets are interested in becoming the next doctor! Just hope she plays guitar or uke...     

Peatle singing - or as I call it the bane of my existence is such a gift.  there are many levels of it. Your singing reminds me a bit of Tom Waits.