1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-06-21 01:59:55)

Topic: Under Five Year Olds.

As you all most probably all know Easybeat is in the process of doing a kid's book written for his granddaughter with an illustrator. If you want to follow the progress of that here is a link to his publisher that will keep you updated on that.   HazelrosePublishing Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/HazelrosePublishing

I thought as a result I would have a go at doing a kids thing video with a bit of song and voice acting and nothing dumbed down in it..  Easybeat pointed out to me yesterday kids under five brains are great and it is sad that we dumb things down for them. Kids under five can pick up different languages where adults find it hard because an under five brain is like a big learning sponge sucking everything in.  He mentioned a chap who said it also should have an adult appeal so I am trying  to inject a bit of that into the video as well.  My sister told me kids love learning to say  supercalifragilisticexpialidocious because it is a long word and has a musical flow. I know the word comes from a movie and I remember kids singing that song  back in the 60’s.   Funny thing there was four of us old guys aged from 62 to 70 sitting at this table in our local pub yesterday  talking about this when we four spontaneously burst out into singing that song. No doubt we sounded quite atrocious supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.                                                                                                                                                           
So, I am putting the word preposterous in my short kid's vid as my new mission in life is getting under-fives to use the word preposterous. Am I on the right track any thoughts please?

Re: Under Five Year Olds.

Sounds great Pete. I know my 8 year old granddaughter is using words I never heard of until much later. Sometimes she confuses Ann and me with the things she comes out with. Cant wait to hear or see what you come up with.

PS. Sorry that the only other reply (so far) is by a spammer.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

3 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-06-22 22:44:59)

Cheers Phill thank you for your feedback. I have been trying to immerse myself in the world of kids entertainment over the last four days and some of its really good stuff that I as an adult have enjoyed. I am still trying to figure out how to do something that  might work it has proven to be a bigger challenge than I thought it would be.   One thing I have discovered is kids entertainments takes on many more forms than I thought. Here is a short sample of something really weird I don't think it would work with kids I know but it does prove peoples approach to kids entertainment covers more ground than I thought. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWicM9S84Ng

OMG! If that's what passes as wholesome kids entertainment these days I'm glad I'm an old foggie! To me that was teaching boys to be sexist and instead of teaching them to be respectful and polite towards women gives them a free pass to lear and oggle our sweet partners.
I greatly respect all you've done and I know your project will avoid and reverse this kind of discrimination.

LET KIDS BE KIDS     

5 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-06-22 21:18:36)

Phill I will stick with something more like the Beatles Yellow Submarine. I think the cartoons content was too absurd for kids to get it was done by a pair of Lesbian Twins trying to be arty. The guy who wrote it I think got too  arty for kids and adults and yeah the idea of a pet brass instrument in a pram very surreal. Today sexualized  images are everywhere not sure of its impact  on kids minds. Kids do need to be kids.

glad to hear it. cos i am the egg man. they are the egg men you are the walrus     

7 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-06-24 03:10:22)

I reckon if I could get Ringo to do a kids story for me.

His accent and voice would work perfectly.

Everything from Thomas The  Tank to Yellow  Submarine.

All those stories have turned out to be super and supreme.

Peaches and cream.

For those who are rich.

To those on the skids.

Oh what a dream.

Money in the bank and an octopuses garden for me.

Glad to hear it     

baby sitting my 1 year old grandson two days a week i am being reintroduced to children's programs on TV some of it is pretty good some not so much     

out of tune out of key and out of touch

10 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-11-14 19:37:48)

mojo01 wrote:

baby sitting my 1 year old grandson two days a week i am being reintroduced to children's programs on TV some of it is pretty good some not so much

Baby sitting over the years has introduced  me to the delights of Sponge Bob Square Pants and The Muppets. The number of times I have had in the pub with friends many of them in their 60s and 70s having full on excited discussions  about their favourite kid shows is good. But when the subject of these shows  comes up with the under 50s it all falls flat and I get that look from them that suggests its time we locked Peatle away somewhere before he loses the plot completely.