Topic: Internet Banking

Internet Banking

Don’t get rid of your pen and paper.

Cyber wars are here closing down businesses and hospital wards.

Affecting the innocent  hordes.

The pen is still mightier than the sword.

The money bosses have closed down my local bank.

Conspiring monsters in their think tanks.

Telling the ranks  this  is the way to go.

To me it doesn’t seem like a safe show.

In the news are all these hackers causing massive stop go’s. 

Re: Internet Banking

Convenient, but dangerous.  I don't trust'em, but hard to escape them.

It's amazing how much your computer knows about you.     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Ann made a good point; the banks want to migrate to internet banking, obviously to make more money for themselves and their rich cronies. It's OK for the younger generation and even people like me that have a fairly small understanding of how the internet, computers etc work. But the older generation ( over 70's) may not have that understanding. Banks are closing their local branches here in the UK, the tory government has already forced the closure of many post offices so getting actual cash to pay for small items is going to be more and more difficult for our oldies. The excuse is to stop "cash in hand" workers that don't pay tax on their earnings...BS! It's all to do with the mega rich, the governments/politicians and oligarchs making more billions than they already have all on the backs of the poor working class.
How's that for a rant Mr Jville?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Good rant Ann ! smile

Phill should take some lessons from you - smile     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

5 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-07-05 22:27:58)

Cheers Jim and Phill , Thank you for your feedback. With all these cyber attacks and reliance on computers and the internet for  all sorts of things I wonder how safe the net is. I have a friend who has worked in banking for years he tells me that the banks are getting rid of branches and people to save money. Their trying to get people to do everything on line so they don’t have to pay for business real estate space also have less staff. I recently had to get something sorted with the bank as our local branch has been closed. I was made to phone the call center which took me nearly an hour as I had to wait for my call to be taken.  I had to listen to awful music and a voice every so often saying your call is value and we will be with you soon. I had to phone to make an appointment to talk to someone at the bank in the city. It was only  a few  years back you could just walk into the bank and talk to someone. Many of my friends use to pay their bills at post offices which are slowly been closed down around the country. Many of my friends don’t have computers so they have to pay an extra fee because they get their statements through the mail. Today many outfits here charge an extra fee if you want your invoice mailed out where as before everyone got their invoices in the mail without  an extra fee.  Maybe it is a weird theory of mine the over reliance on the internet could backfire in a big way with the cyber wars going on at the moment. The Kindergartens and some hospitals  here have had to go back to pen and paper while the computer experts try and sort out a mess caused by ransom ware and hackers.
To me it is a bad form of social engineering and a form of discriminations for the elderly. For my one hundred year old Mum banking and bill paying has become a nightmare for her.

Peatle Jville wrote:

Cheers Jim and Phill , Thank you for your feedback. With all these cyber attacks and reliance on computers and the internet for  all sorts of things I wonder how safe the net is. I have a friend who has worked in banking for years he tells me that the banks are getting rid of branches and people to save money. Their trying to get people to do everything on line so they don’t have to pay for business real estate space also have less staff. I recently had to get something sorted with the bank as our local branch has been closed. I was made to phone the call center which took me nearly an hour as I had to wait for my call to be taken.  I had to listen to awful music and a voice every so often saying your call is value and we will be with you soon. I had to phone to make an appointment to talk to someone at the bank in the city. It was only  a few  years back you could just walk into the bank and talk to someone. Many of my friends use to pay their bills at post offices which are slowly been closed down around the country. Many of my friends don’t have computers so they have to pay an extra fee because they get their statements through the mail. Today many outfits here charge an extra fee if you want your invoice mailed out where as before everyone got their invoices in the mail without  an extra fee.  Maybe it is a weird theory of mine the over reliance on the internet could backfire in a big way with the cyber wars going on at the moment. The Kindergartens and some hospitals  here have had to go back to pen and paper while the computer experts try and sort out a mess caused by ransom ware and hackers.
To me it is a bad form of social engineering and a form of discriminations for the elderly. For my one hundred year old Mum banking and bill paying has become a nightmare for her.

dont get me started on the subject lol     

out of tune out of key and out of touch

7 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-07-06 05:49:36)

Good to see your are still here on chordie Mojo. One area where I hear NZ is different to the rest of the world is our banks no longer accept cheques. Money has to be paid into their account online.  My American friends who receive pay cheques from the USA now can't cash them here. I use to pay people who did work for me at home  by cheque now I have to direct credit it into their bank accounts.

Pete, there was a big thing last year about cheques being fazed out, but a visit to my local bank, which is becoming cyber only, I was informed if I wanted to put money in  (unlikely now!) I should use a cheque! So that's another clever idea down the pan mister banker!!!! You may change the first letter to Whatever you like...lol     

9 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-07-07 01:14:20)

Phill those Bankers can be a bunch of other uckers.

Peatle Jville wrote:

Phill those Bankers can be a bunch of other uckers.

Quite right Pete, even in communist countries it's always the ankers and the rich ossers that rule the roost!     

Wow smile Great lines with deep meaning...It's all about my banker