Topic: missing you

This was meant to be a song but when I read it through it felt more like a poem. I didn't realize as I was jotting random thoughts down that I was summing up the 40 or so years Ann and I have been together, going to work etc.

Missing You.            Phill Williams.

I miss the kind of things.
Like kissing you goodnight.
Like drinking tea and talking.
Like sleeping over night.

I miss the conversation.
Sometimes we'd disagree.
Talking till the sunrise.
I miss you next to me.

I miss the kind of things.
We've done for all these years.
I miss you in the daytime.
When we cant be near.

I miss you when the moon.
Is a crescent in the sky.
I miss you when my papers.
Are burning in the fire.

I miss you as a flame.
Makes the darkness light.
I miss you in the morning.
I miss you in the night.

I miss you as you're leaving.
And I'll be leaving too.
I love it when we're home again.
Then I stop missing you. 

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

2 (edited by TIGLJK 2021-07-05 20:21:29)

Re: missing you

Phill

Nice one !

It's a shame that busy lives make for scarce time together.  But on the other hand - it does make us appreciate it when we do get some time to be together and we stop taking it for granted.

It's got to be a balance - we each have to have and do our own things - but we cant let those outside things become too dominant . and we can t let our two circles become concentric - that would become boring and tedious.
That's the art of living and loving.

I'm sure you can develop this into a song. smile hint,hint,  nudge ,  nudge  smile

Hope you're feeling better these days.

Cheers

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

3 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-07-05 22:24:17)

Good poem Phill now I have retired I appreciate not having to spend long hours away from Maree. When I have my own time going out doing my individual man stuff it is always wonderful to come home to her. Getting older I realize that  time with family is precious.     I agree with Jim I can see you adapting those words into a song.

Thank you both...it is very unlikely if I do a music version that it will appear on YT. I think you'll understand why?     

Excellent poem really liked it. Amazing post thanks for sharing.     

Thank you and welcome to chordieville     

I will love to read your other poem to keep posting like that.     

Sir Phill
good poem me old mate.     

The King Of Audio Torture

Phill

C'mon my friend  - you can turn this to music !!!  I want to hear the passion that is ingrained in the words !!

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thanks all for your kind words and encouragement.     

You deserve this...     

It's just great! I join all the comments that have been written before me and am sovereign that this poem should definitely be turned into a song     

When you give a presentation, you’d be hard-pressed to find a better way to tell your story and get your point across than to present the material with a clear outline, logical transitions, and professional-grade visuals. Your audience will find your outline easy to follow, and it will help them keep their focus on the topic at hand. It’s a great way to keep your audience engaged and on your toes.

thank you Daniel but that boat has sailed. there seems to be a demarcation line between my songs and my poems. i think songs should be reasonably serious and poems laced with humour. BTW welcome to Chordie     

Excellent poem really liked it. Amazing post thanks for sharing.