The sun is warm
The world is right
And free of harm
And all is well
We tell our mind
A fib we tell
No thoughts unkind 

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: No Thoughts Unkind

Very clever and witty. I imagine, if your like us over the pond, self isolation tends to push us in close proximity causing personal space infringements? =arguments.

Fine piece of writing     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hey Phill - Yes, in a way. I was asked to help with vacation planning and I was not much help. Most of my responses were, "Yes, that sounds nice." Or, "Sure, let's go there." Then I got "the look". Which I of course ignore. smile Thanks.     

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Quite agree with both you gents.

The one word phrase that always seems mentioned is " fine".

Very Good piece there Jeff !!

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thanks, Jim. I've used the "fine" reply before too.     

J  E  T  S

6 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-07-26 00:11:11)

Good one Jeff I can relate to what you have written there. I learnt earlier on in Maree and my  marriage the easiest way to plan a vacation is to  give her the best dates to go away and some of my ideas plus a budget and let her arrange the rest. I am pretty sure there are moments when I get on Maree's nerves we have learnt the art of  giving each other space. Compromise without the arguments.

Peatle Jville wrote:

give her the best dates to go away and some of my ideas plus a budget and let her arrange the rest.

And that worked for you??  Somehow It seemed that a budget was like the US treasury saying we can operate on a red one.  Vacation was always stressed out due to money. I would come home sick and stressed. - - -  Humm, I am Divorced now aren't I.     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Thanks Pete - It is a dance we learn, living with another human partner in our lives. And as Beamer says, sometimes it doesn't work out. I know I am fortunate.     

J  E  T  S

Just an amazing verse. Really liked it. It's a pity that I can't write so witty. Wish you creative success.     

Thanks, Melania. I bet you write better than you're letting on but in your own voice. Everyone is unique and has their own stories to tell and styles of writing. I'm sure we all would love to read your poems. Please feel free to share.     

J  E  T  S