Topic: charley watts

ok so nobody else has mentioned it: Charley Watts long time drummer and founder member of the Rolling Stones died today aged 80. RIP Charley 

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

2 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-08-25 07:44:17)

Re: charley watts

Sad to hear of Charley passing, He use to have a big band called The Charley Watt Big Band that played all sorts of popular big band music Glen Miller and so on. When we lived in London they use to play at the Richmond Theatre  a few times a year which Maree and I went to one of their concerts it was different and good. Sometimes we saw Charley being driven around Richmond in summer in one of his vintage cars with his big Afghan Hound sitting in the car enjoying the breeze while having the car hood down. RIP  Charley.

Re: charley watts

Never had to be mentioned brother, he's iconic! Check this out to blow your mind!!! Now following Charley the rest of the Stones are gonna start falling but, and here's the big but..... Even after they all pass it won't matter! What won't matter you say! Yes because the Stones are so deeply imbedded in rock and roll history and in our minds it will be as if they have never left at all i quarantee that! We will hear their music and  it will be in your head as if you can see the stones right in your brain bro... Freakin' cool huh!!! Like when you hear stairway to heaven, imagine plant gone......people will question if he is really dead or conspiracy theory. Right now in my moment even though it be until the song ends, but for this brief moment my artist lives, as does Charley watts so don't fret.     

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!