Topic: ISC song writing contest

just wondering if any one knows anything about or has entered a song in the international song writing competition?
i am considering entering  couple  of songs just for sH*@s and grins, its $35 a song to enter them. 

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Re: ISC song writing contest

I think Easybeat entered it or a similar contest a couple of years back and did quite well. Maybe he can offer you a few tips?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Yeah Phill that was a year ago.the best thing about that comp was it truly was about the song.
they realised not every writer is a good singer or musician.Also production and quality of recording
were not taken into consideration.It was good to be judged on ``the song`` and not all the other stuff.
Other songwriting comps ive looked at seem to be more a talent quest,the song being only a small component.     

The King Of Audio Torture

Well said Brian. Just shows how bad lockdown actually was, time slowed down or seemed to... I hope what Brian said is a help to Mojo?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill
in that comp my song wasn`t very good but i think it did ok because it was ``on theme``
which was one of the requirements of the comp.(connection)
it also broke all the so called ``rules`` which hopefully they found refreshing.
it went 2 lines of verse then two lines of chorus .repeating.
hopefully comps want ``original`` songs  not the usual broken heart/ love ya love ya stuff     

The King Of Audio Torture

Easybeat   if my memory is correct there wasn't any need to pay dollars to enter that contest you entered.?