Topic: Something to break the skid- NGD :)

Hey fellow chordians !
I hope you are well.

It has been so long since the forum has been lit up with posts it seems as if
someone turned out the street lights.

I know everyone is busy and covid has taken over- so I get it.

I Just wanted to say hello to all of you

also I have a new epiphone guitar coming Wednesday
I couldn't remember how to post a picture so here is the link.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail … oa-natural

again- Hope all is going well with you all!

cheers and best wishes
Jim 

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: Something to break the skid- NGD :)

That's a really sweet looking weapon there Jim. I've been tempted to buy on line a few times but I want to feel the guitar and play it as I hate to be disappointed and have to send it back. I did it once with my acoustic D'Angelico bass which I find hard work to play and the thought of playing a two hour set gives me night mares. I'm certain your LP will give you sweet dreams...if you can sleep!!!

Sorry I've not been around too much lately as I've had the workmen in for the last 3 weeks and then I got COVID-19. Not a bad dose but it has stopped me enjoying my instruments and singing.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Shes a beauty that's for sure!

Pics and vids.  So dont for get to hit the distortion and overdrive the  nice pro-buckers!  Get a little  BEAMER in your heart and METAlIZE it!  big_smile  big_smile     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Obviously. I can definitely appreciate an NGD.     

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Good one Jim, I was starting to think chordie had died and everyone had left, Nice looking guitar you got there.     

The first thing I need to say about this guitar is that it is so beautiful. So technically and being beautiful doesn't do much besides look good but this one place very well smile     

Nice! Sweetwater is a solid company and will stand behind there products , I know I have several guitars from them and amps smile     

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thanks for all the comments - it is awesome to see chordie come alive !

Russell - this baby plays smother than baby skin !

I am so pleased with this guitar.   Even easy to play barre chords- which I struggle with usually.

JJJ  - so good to hear from you  !  You are at the top of the food chain on NGD  for sure !! Hail to the King!

Beamer - I sure wish I knew how you metalize !!   

ALL - Wouldn't it be a great day if some how we all were able to get together !!    it would be the definition of awesomeness!     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

oh great now i want one     

out of tune out of key and out of touch

It’s easy my friend,  just buy a high gain stomp box and inter mix open and Barr chords.  Then add in som palm muting. big_smile     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

11 (edited by beamer 2021-10-25 15:38:03)

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail … tXhAMf73cu https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail … lsrc=aw.ds imgHoiHDcalsOi80Lya5mX0D6g8IItWYz_W96eajSD7BoC6PcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds 

Either one of these will get you there I love both of them but you got to take some time and tweak the Dials the fullbore metal has a built-in noise gate and you can adjust the sensitivity by removing the back plate and tweaking where it kicks in.  The HM300 is a knock off of the Boss Metalzone.

And it wouldn’t hurt to get the knock off from Barringer of the tube screamer which is a mighty fine but all I’ve got all of these or had because I can no longer find my full bore metal.