Topic: Beatles Reality And Myth

I  have always thought there was a lot of acrimony between the Beatles when they broke up. After checking out a video interview with Paul McCartney about the upcoming film about the Beatles by Peter Jackson I think I may have brought into a myth when in fact there was a lot of joy around the Beatles last recording project. Maybe some of the reported tension with John and Paul was really clever marketing??? Short video attached.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aCVA2DXMKM 

2 (edited by lawrencemaheryse 2021-11-19 15:44:22)

Re: Beatles Reality And Myth

Many people say that there was a true hatred between Paul and John, but they were like brothers..  I think we’ve all in one point or another gotten into it with our closest friends...

McCartney has often said that there was a rivalry between him and Lennon, they would try and out do the other which we have all benefited from in songs that are still some of the best stuff 60 years later. There was (as well documented) a lot of acrimony between all four Beatles especially Paul and John, and they were still trying hard to out do each other after the break-up eg: Lennon's "How do you sleep" and McCartney's "Jet". Pundits like to blame Yoko for the break-up, maybe she was part of it but there must have been lots of other stuff like affairs with other bandmates wives, The feeling of invasion by Yoko during recording sessions etc. Don't forget Ringo was first to leave the band during the recording of the white album. There's lots we don't know and may never know. I hate "Let it be" due to the depressing way they were depicted in the original film and the awful recording techniques used with several producers used, excluding George Martin but including Phil Specter. Shambles! It's a shame as there are some great songs on the album.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Didn't know about this before. Thanks for providing the link