Topic: Today

Well ,  after 45 years of teaching and coaching, I retired today !
More time on chordie I guess  smile

Jim 

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: Today

congratulations,life is just about to get great.     

The King Of Audio Torture

3 (edited by Peatle Jville 2022-02-12 03:58:54)

Congratulations Jim.  I am sure you would have impacted many students over the years in good and  positive  ways. Now your teaching and coaching river has run its course an ocean of new possibilities is opening up to you. No doubt in time, some of those  past reflections in the mirror of calm waters ahead will help you create some real good songs.

Welcome to the club Jim ,enjoy your time     

Congratulations Jim. I've been on the scrap heap for six years now and I can tell you unreservedly...until you make time for what you want to do, your time will be taken up doing the mundane stuff everyone expects you to do. Like baby sitting, taking the wife shopping, all the DIY stuff that's been waiting all these years and most importantly...sleeping in your favourite arm chair. Other than that your time is your own, have fun and as Graham said welcome to the club.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Congratulations Jim! I hope to be there with you in the near future.     

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

thats awesome,  ive been retarded ( thats the past tense of retired so the wife says) for two years now.  thats some good advice from Phill, ask me how i know. dear old dad is not working anymore he can watch the kids a couple of days. babysitting gets in the way of doing nothing that day.  any way enjoy the new life.     

out of tune out of key and out of touch

TIGLJK wrote:

Well ,  after 45 years of teaching and coaching, I retired today !
More time on chordie I guess  smile

Jim

God bless you.

I've been working for 44 years, but I've got about another five to six years to go.

It's not because I didn't plan right. I've got the money to retire. But it's in programs for which the government prevents me from accessing the money without penalizing me terribly if I access my own money in order to not work.

Whatever. I'm glad for you. I'm eager for me.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude