Topic: What is going on?

I have been away for a week and came back expecting to se loads of new topics.  Not A one that I can see !

I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the Ukraine situation.

Hope you all are well

Jim 

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: What is going on?

soooo, you had to post the same post 5 times? welcome back Jim, hope you had a great time. Now that you come to mention it, my internet has been going off and on...Putin, get off my internet, and get your tanks off my lawn!     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

i was thinking the same thing Jim been awful quiet around here     

out of tune out of key and out of touch

been thinking of posting a couple of songs,but often wonder whats the point?
i guess others feel the same,so nothing happens.     

The King Of Audio Torture

5 (edited by Peatle Jville 2022-03-05 05:33:39)

Hi Jim
Hope you had a good holiday. I'm hoping the people of Russia find a way to take away Putin's license to kill. It would be good to see more people post on here.

Hey Jim - I don't usually post stuff here, but here is what I have been up to. Mostly work, and then I come back home where I try and keep my wife entertained but not to the point of irritation. I do feel bad about the Ukraine situation and I hope it can be resolved soon and peacefully; I'm not very optimistic about that happening though. We're hopefully going on a hike later today and maybe I'll play some after we get back. I hope you're doing well.     

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Hey, its been several years since i posted on the forum,  good to see many of the same old crowd still hanging around the hood!     

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

TwangTown wrote:

Hey, its been several years since i posted on the forum,  good to see many of the same old crowd still hanging around the hood!

Greetings TwangTown  I see your a man from the Edinburgh of the south the great Scarfie city where many a kiwi has gone to get their Uni education. I only moved to chordie about seven years ago so it would be good to hear from some  of those who have been in this place longer than me. I think Easy Beat another Kiwi on here has adopted some of that famous Dunedin sound.  Hoping you post more.     

great to see another kiwi on here     

Thanks guys, appreciate the welcome back. I'm now retired with more time to waste  playing my guitar and doing stuff like this!     

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

Sorry TT, did you say playing guitar was wasting time? Hoovering, hanging out the washing and doing DIY maybe wasting time. Fondling one of my beauties is a joy! Wait I can hear miss Fender calling out to me...bye bye.     

TwangTown wrote:

Thanks guys, appreciate the welcome back. I'm now retired with more time to waste  playing my guitar and doing stuff like this!

Nice.

Congratulations.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Hi everyone,  hope your all keeping well.  After a months holiday in January, I am back to reality in February, only to find our computer died a sudden death.  So with the new comp up and running finally I hopefully will be on here a bit more.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Hi Jandle it is wonderful to see you back posting on chordie again.     

Peatle Jville wrote:

Hi Jandl, I second that emotion. Welcome back, it would be good to have you keep those other kiwi's in order.     

i think we should change the name to ``kiwi chordie``
welcome back Jan, look forward to hearing where you are musicially.     

i third the emotion welcome back

Phill Williams wrote:
Peatle Jville wrote:

Hi Jandl, I second that emotion. Welcome back, it would be good to have you keep those other kiwi's in order.

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Thanks everyone for the lovely welcome backs smile  Looking forward to getting FSOTM back up and running (after some re-learning how to do some of the stuff) smile     

Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Jan
you`re a breath of fresh air,just what chordie needed,its been very quiet here for months.
i hope csom is well supported.     

Jandle wrote:

Thanks everyone for the lovely welcome backs smile  Looking forward to getting FSOTM back up and running (after some re-learning how to do some of the stuff) smile

Well that will be interesting. I'm eager to see it happen.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I don`t remember when the last time I posted anything was.     

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone, hope as many of you will participate in FSOTM as possible, remember its a mixture of covers and originals.  High fives to Loremaster and originator Peatle for starting it off for us all smile     

HOLY COW,

Is it Christmas Eve?  We have been visited by 3 ghost!     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

lol beamer smile  Now that sounds like an idea for a FSOTM, performing a song with the word ghost in it, might use that for May smile     

Hello Jim are you still out there been a while since I have seen a post from you. Hope you and your family are keeping well.