Topic: Conifer Lament.

Here I am with my guitar outside in the elements recording this song I composed Conifer Lament on my cellphone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHyeDMHplF4&t=90s 

Re: Conifer Lament.

Peatle, good to see your still writing and performing songs.  Your conifer tree song did indeed sound like a lament, well done.  I liked the bending of the guitar strings in places too. 
We have been on a mission here too cutting down certain trees that have just gotten to big or are in the wrong place sun wise or some just dropping to many leaves and making a huge mess.  Having said that, I love trees, so it was with reluctance some of them, but needed to be done.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

3 (edited by Peatle Jville 2022-03-30 20:35:48)

Thank you Jandle . The last two months I have been busy trying to knock my place back into shape with house maintenance and gardening. Since I got sick in the last five years things got away from me but now I am slowly getting the place back into some sort of good shape. The Conifer was the only plant around our place that we called by a name which was Connie. Maree saw me with my guitar sitting outside and jokingly said aren't you going to write a farewell song to Connie. so I did. The morning fog is clearing here this morning and it looks like we  are in for a beautiful 19c Autumn sunny day. I'm looking forward to spending more time out doors today.

am i to understand that "bondenberg" is the local hooch? it is so sad to see trees that have been happily growing for sometimes hundreds of years needing to come down. like Jan, i love trees and one day hope Ann will spread my ashes around a grand oak tree with a sea view.

there's just one thing left to say...goodbye Connie     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

5 (edited by Peatle Jville 2022-03-31 07:36:59)

Cheers Phill
We made a toast in honour of Connie wonderful life and service to my family with a Bundaberg Ginger Beer. There is a black rum also called Bundaberg or as the Ozzies  call it a Bundy. The Bundaberg in the video  is a non-alcoholic Ginger Beer from Queensland Australia. With the medication I have been on in recent times I have had at times to stop all alcohol so me and a couple of friends have taken to drinking some cold non-alcoholic drinks.  Though I enjoy a few cold Heinekens down at the pub. When my time comes to leave this earth, I would love my family to return my body to nature with an eco-funeral rather than have me under a tombstone. But knowing my family they will prefer my final resting place to be under the earth with a Headstone above. Maree wants our final resting place to be in the same spot. Here in Kiwi land some people are now going for Natural burials also known as eco burials when they die. The unique guiding concept: that is central to this idea is that everything about the cemetery is as ‘natural’ as possible. In essence, they do not introduce anything to the cemetery that would interfere with or pollute environmental processes. For example, to help natural processes, plots are dug only into the active soil layer, the deceased are not embalmed and they are buried in caskets of untreated, sustainable wood. Plots are filled with aerobic, organically active soil, and overplanted with a tree native to the area. The whole cemetery is gradually restored to native bush.. All of the body nutrients and matter are gradually absorbed by the surrounding soil and plants. It is intended that these cemeteries will become permanent bush parks – a living memorial to those buried there, a home for native flora and fauna, and a beautiful place for family and friends to visit.

6 (edited by ctech 2022-05-22 15:30:47)

I use to be a tree surgeon alway felt a sadness felling some of the trees, knowing they take so long to grow and could live hundreds of years. When they are diseased though then you are doing it a service.

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!

Cheers Trevor I often thought that working as a tree surgeon would be  a very satisfying job though sad as you say when you can't save an old tree that took years to grow.     

Yes peatle can be a dangerous job and very heavy work. The chainsaw need to be respected and wasps and the such weren't much fun either.     

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!