this all happened recently
is Russia really to blame
maybe we should look closer to home
where energy decisions are made
perhaps it`s our very own Gov`t
that just hasn`t made the grade. 

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: Price Of Gas

Yep seems to be a problem world wide doesn't it.  People can look to Russia to blame but USA`s own Biden shut down their own keystone pipeline and this Govt in NZ are not only closing Marsden Point refinery but going to fill them with cement.  What a crazy crazy world we live in.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

They want us all to buy electric cars...are they mad??? EVs cost twice as much and will only go for a third of the way before you need to fill up which takes hours instead of minutes. They also want us to stop eating meat as cows sheep and pigs emit green house gasses as do humans, maybe the next step will be to cull the excess people eg the unemployed, the sick, the addicts and the poor old crumblies like me! Oh yeah I forgot, Putin is already doing that! And let's not forget who is actually to blame for global warming....the industrialists beginning 200 hundred years ago with steam, motor cars and we still have factories belching out pollution, churning out plastic and suffocating the oceans!
WOW Brian you got the greeny out of me with your poem...well done     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

4 (edited by Peatle Jville 2022-04-13 05:57:40)

Good poem there  Brian to get people thinking about the price of gas and how the world governments had become partly dependent on Russia for oil and gas . Though I am not sure  how  to resolve the problem  the move by various governments to lower oil production has helped raise the price of  fuel. Major Banks and financial institutions in recent times, have been  busy making net-zero commitments, they have also become less willing to finance oil and gas projects, and the companies normally responsible for these projects.  The supermajors and other large oil and gas players - have themselves stepped on the net-zero path. Here in NZ we have ability to produce some of our own  oil but the push against fossil fuel means these valuable options have been shut down. By shutting down American production, the US also gave up its control over the oil price. As a net exporter of oil, the US also supplied the world market. Thus the US had previously  a role with both supply and demand. Before now, any time oil prices surged, the US could enter the market with more supply and thus help control prices. Moreover, as a non-OPEC producer, the US had some control over global oil prices.
Every so called environmentally friendly electric vehicle, and most hybrid vehicles, rely on large lithium-ion batteries weighing hundreds of pounds. Typically made with cobalt, nickel, and manganese, among other components, these batteries cost thousands of dollars and come with an environmental burden: the ability a require ingredients sourced from polluting mines and smelters around the world, and they can ultimately contaminate soil and water supplies if improperly disposed. In the rush to embrace this technology, auto companies are adopting the same pretense that has been embraced by the plastics industry: They are claiming that used batteries will be recycled. However, the truth is being swept under the rug. None of the lithium-ion batteries in electric vehicles are recyclable in the same sense that paper, glass, and lead car batteries are. Opps I'm raving on.

good rave peatle,people need to be talking about these things.
its not fashionable to think this way,but price hikes to tend to
focus the mind .Nuclear energy was off the table for many countries
a real no no,but now some are committing to it for their future energy.
a  360 ` change that has happened very quickly.     

The King Of Audio Torture

lets go brandon is all i have to say about that     

out of tune out of key and out of touch

7 (edited by unclejoesband 2022-04-14 23:23:42)

mojo01 wrote:

lets go brandon is all i have to say about that

lol  lol  lol