Topic: Catch Up

Hi everyone,  seems to be a bit on the quiet side in here lately, so thought I would drop in and say howdy to you all.  Had a nice catch up with easybeat aka Brian today for coffee and a bite to eat at a nice café.  We of course chatted about Chordie, music in general and what we have been doing lately, (though I realized afterwards I actually hadn't filled easybeat on much I had been doing) as we got focused on music and book writing and people we knew or hadn't seen in awhile.  Anyways, it was great to catch up, see the face behind the music and in Brian's case poems and published author of a book!  We had hoped Peatle could have joined us today being the only 3 active Kiwi`s on Chordie but not to be today as it turned out, hopefully next time Pete smile
Anyway, enough from me, but thought I would pop in and say Howdy, hope some of you get to catch up with each other and put a face to that name on Chordie smile

Kia Kaha --- Stay Strong smile 

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

2 (edited by Peatle Jville 2022-06-19 21:08:23)

Re: Catch Up

Hi Jan and Chordie,

Sunday here and after a busy morning out I came home and as it is the day of the week I usually meet up with Easybeat and a few others in the late afternoon between 4 and 6, I thought I better check out chordie. Me and EB always like to have a quick chat about chordie in the course of our Sunday afternoon meet ups. With a lot of things happening in my life at the moment  I haven’t looked into chordie at all for a while now. On the few times recently I have it has been like visiting a dead end street. Today when I clicked into chordie and  FSOTM I was pleasantly surprised. Chordie Street is no longer a dead end road but a street that leads into a musical highway. Good on all you champions of chordie for putting up your posts and musical contributions. Thank you Jan for coming back to chordie and connecting Chordie St to Jan Avenue which leads us to the global musical highway with your manaakitanga (caring attitude) and aroha (compassion). So rather than acknowledge each post I have just looked at now individually I hope you all on here  accept this as a thumbs up and thank you for all your contributions. Also thank you to those I connect with on here in other ways on the internet. He aha te mea nui o te ao, he tangata he tangata he tangata. The meaning of these words an old New Zealand  proverb roughly translates as What is the most important thing in the world, it is the people, the people, the people.
Thank you
Pete

Good to hear you guys catch up!! I was looking how close I would be to drop in for a coffee; it's a 9 hour flight ... so maybe I'll organize a "Perth Chordie Catchup", but AFAIK, I'm the only one in Perth. So, just me and the mirror - I hope he's a good conversationalist, as I'm pretty quiet ...

Keep well all!!

Cheers

Richard     

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, singer ]-
Bandcamp     https://richardmortimer.bandcamp.com/follow_me
Discogs          https://www.discogs.com/release/29065579
YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/@RichardMortimerMusic

I see I'm the first from the northern hemisphere to reply? So...the weather is changeable as has been my health. Ann and my daughter in law have been pushing me to do maintenance around the property, which means a lot of mixing concrete, building a new shed (a man must have a shed) painting and laying a new floor in the kitchen. So that leads me to aches and pains etc!
My brain is devoid of anything original and my fingers are stiff and painful so no guitar or piano playing. Just like Richard I have no chordians near by to chat with over beverages, hot or cold! I have a little time in the mornings to check chordie out and my emails. And an hour at night if I'm able.
I'd also like to thank Jan for the great work she's doing with FSOTM. Sorry for not joining in, I will one day I hope.

Rock on guys and gals     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

good to hear from fix it phill     

The King Of Audio Torture

Awww that was touching  Peatle, thankyou, made my day reading that smile 

neophytte and Phill, yep hard when there's no other Chordians near you to catch up with.  Still its nice some of you manage to email and keep in touch via other social media so at least that is something.  I remember the days when mekidsmom used to host an annual event for the Americans that could make it.  That looked like lots of fun.     

Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Jan
It was called chordiestock - I never went but it looked like so much fun. 
There are many threads and photos somewhere on here about it.  I think Mekidsmom, baldguydude, uncle joe and a bunch of others hosted some. Pretty sure Zurf went to a few.

It would be great to have one again.

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK I remember them, I saw many of the photos and the music they video`ed smile     

TIGLJK wrote:

Jan
It was called chordiestock - I never went but it looked like so much fun. 
There are many threads and photos somewhere on here about it.  I think Mekidsmom, baldguydude, uncle joe and a bunch of others hosted some. Pretty sure Zurf went to a few.

It would be great to have one again.

Jim

Topdown hosted Chordiestock. There were 10 of them I think. I went to 9. Or maybe it's 9 and 8. I don't know.

I hosted some back yard jams I called Zurfapaloozas.

Uncle Joe hosted some in his backyard. I think we called that "getting together in Uncle Joe's back yard." I went to a couple of those.

Mekidsmom has hosted a few. I went to one of those. I don't recall what she called hers. Someone who wears my clothes and stares at me in the mirror had more to drink than he ought to have.

I've been wanting to pull one together, but first I need to finish getting myself pulled together again.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf I remember hearing  and seeing photo`s and video`s from mekidsmom and Topdown`s get togethers for chordie people but I didn't know you or Uncle Joe had hosted them, so that's great that a few of you held get togethers.  Would have been lots of fun.     

I haven`t been here for a while.     

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Hi Joey, welcome back, make my sandwich a cheese, ham, tomato and crisps on thick white bread please. That's British crisps BTW salt and vinegar flavour! And a nice cold lager to wash it all down.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

Hi Joey, welcome back, make my sandwich a cheese, ham, tomato and crisps on thick white bread please. That's British crisps BTW salt and vinegar flavour! And a nice cold lager to wash it all down.

A nice cold lager sounds really good. I`m more of a seltzer person now.     

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

14 (edited by Peatle Jville 2022-09-24 23:03:04)

A nice cold Heineken Lager Beer please. I'm going to buy some crisps next time I'm in the Supermarket as Phills sandwich combo sounds good to me.     Welcome back Joeyjoeyjoey.