Felt I knew them ever since my birth
Sharing ideas without any baggage
Writing new songs just like the old adage
Of the pennies we saved and the ounces prevent
Words so wise were heaven sent with some
Sages' advice seemed that never stopped
I miss those days when Chordie hopped 

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: I Miss Those Days When Chordie Hopped

Just an observation from me. I miss all my old chordie friends showing up here, too many to name, that I don't see on here much anymore, and the interaction that started me writing songs. Wouldn't it be nice if we had that here again? I know it might be a pipe dream but I do miss the old chordie days.     

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

jets
im with you on this,thank goodness for song of the month.if were not for that i dont think
i would be even picking up my guitar any more,let alone writing.
all i want is to talk music but conversations on here very rare now.     

The King Of Audio Torture

Chordie has had many characters over the years and the good thing is it has allowed everyone to have a go at making music. I myself had to stop playing recently due to health reasons so it means that I ended not checking out chordie much now days as I don't have much to offer the forum. It has been a privilege and a honour to meet so many interesting characters on here through chordie.     

5 (edited by Jandle 2022-07-19 06:46:09)

Yes I agree jets, the a lot of the old familiar names that used to be here I haven't seen on here in ages.  Miss the good conversations, the laughs and of course the music they presented.   I haven't been on here as long as some of you but long enough to remember how it was.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

I've been on here since 2007 (I think) while I was on holiday in Perth Australia. I found it through looking for a song! When I came home to Wales, I decided to look for a forum for song writers and Chordie came up and I've been here (being a pain) ever since. I've seen lots of names come and go, they all raised a smile, some as they came some as they went...lol.

They came with a flourish of a keyboard stroke
Some with strange names, some act the goat
Some thought themselves above all the rest
Some from the East, most from the West

Even though music is the focus on here
Some spoke of football or rugby of camping or who knows what
Of illness or worries or how do I play this chord?
We're all here to learn, to teach or just share
Most I'll never meet, so sad cos I care...

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill, love that, well said, well written and true smile     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Hey Phill - I enjoyed your additions and agree. There has been so much to love about Chordie over the years and much we all wish we could have passed on by. I also know those days might not be coming back so I'll tend to overlook the not-so-fun times if I may. I am sorry I wasn't able to get your verses into my song version (posted a few days earlier), but they would have fit well, and if you want you can make a new extended version.     

J  E  T  S

Thanks Jan, completely off the cuff. When something strikes my imagination out it comes!

Thanks Jeff, I doubt if I can replicate your sound or feel but I'll give it a go.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I myself had to stop playing recently due to health reasons so it means that I ended not checking out chordie much now days as I don't have much to offer the forum.