Topic: the trap

a situation we've all been in, I think? can be adapted to a card game or chess?

here's the link
https://soundcloud.com/iphillfine/the-t … al_sharing 

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: the trap

Piri, from that opening line “One day you fall into the trap the way that I did” your song took me on a journey that opens up lots of questions. I guess when he talks about you, he is talking about the you being him? That is what I like in a song that tells a story which keeps you guessing. The other person won't take her back like the person telling story did in the song. I guess he is talking in the past tense. A self-centered lady all for herself taking a person for a ride and yet there is a besotted man who wanted to have another go. A man caught in a trap clever song. Sounds like she is an alluring woman who is really poison in my head who has trapped many a man possibly?   Excellent lyrics through the whole song. The chorus works really good.

It's the trap laid before.

When you walk through any door.

And you fall into the mire up to your neck.     

Thank you Pedr. I like your analysis which is very close to what I had in mind. I won't reveal it yet but think of it as a duet.     

4 (edited by TIGLJK 2022-10-04 18:22:14)

Phill

I see it a little different than Peatle.
I am envisioning a self centered Woman that let her ego and self fulfillment get in the way of the relationship.  The guy tends to blame himself.

Nice arrangement - interesting lyrics - leaves a lot to imagination. 

As usual, the l vocals and guitar playing were superb! 

Nice one buddy !!

Jim     

p.s. in listening to you sing makes me think - holy cow - Phil hasn't sang one of my songs in a couple years.  smile

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

It's great that people discover something in the words of a song for themselves. It turns out that Bohemian Rhapsody doesn't mean what I thought it did, but that's another story.
Because there are two conflicting story lines in my song, I realised that it's actually a duet with both parties making their point. Or a card game or board game where you'd lure your opponent into a trap?
Maybe the song sheet would help? When I get around to typing it onto my PC, I will post it.     

Oh, Jim. I meant to say after your well hidden hint; I've noticed that since the last one I did for you people now seem to be lining up to record your songs and doing a better job than me. I've also been busy recording backing tracks for a mate of mine so my time has been a little limited of late. Lets see if I get the  muse on the next one?     

Nicely done Phil, a big thumbs up from me and awesome to hear you putting some of your music up again smile     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Are  you  doing  both    sets  of  vocals Phill? , Sounds  good .     

Thanks Jan, it took me quite a while to write, record then post it but it's a song about people's eccentricities which is why it got posted.

Thanks Grah. Yes it's the only double tracking on this song. It's funny sometimes I can do it other times I can't! I was thinking of adding strings but I'll probably leave it as is.     

10 (edited by Peatle Jville 2022-10-16 23:58:55)

Piri I think the track sounds real good as it is as it has a nice stripped back feeling to it.

Thanks Pedr. That won't be too difficult as I seem to have deleted it anyway.