Topic: Number 10 Larry

Number 10 Larry

Little furry Larry.

Sometimes with that aimless look photographed in the press.

In his natural furry dress.

Has had lots of problems to address.

Making himself famous.

Amongst all the political mess.

He has had a lot of responsibility to carry.

Does Larry.

In his time at Number 10.

Under his four powerful paws.

He’s had four Prime Ministers .

Enter his residential doors.

From Cameron to Liz Truss.

He is a residential must.

He keeps their secrets and doesn’t break their trust.

In amongst all the turmoil and flurry.

The last one he  got rid of in a hurry.

He’s not a doggy purr son.

Its not his scene.

Because of that he never visited the Queen.

To him her Majesty’s dogs were obscene.

He felt  far more important in his cat arrogance above those animal things.

In his years at Number 10.

Influential night time parties.

Legal and illegal meetings now and then.

Many glad he couldn’t put paper to pen.

Under him this little thing he has, had more Prime Ministers than our King.

King Charles The Third hasn’t yet met Larry The First.

Or be subject to his meows and purry outbursts.

He has posed with Trump and Obama.

Breaking through the Presidential security armour.

Little furry Larry.

Is a quiet political charmer.

In amongst all the drama he has his own karma.

The press has said Larry the cat is here to stay.

At fifteen years of age, he hasn’t got much to say.

He is happy living his life without no pay.

Will number five at Number10 get Larry’s blessing.

Or will he keep us guessing. 

Re: Number 10 Larry

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     

The King Of Audio Torture

A nice piece of political/feline satire my good friend. The sane people of the UK are praying that number five isn't number three re_packaged!     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Cheers Brian and Piri it is so surreal what's happening with the British politically powerful I really don't know what to make of it.     

5 (edited by TIGLJK 2022-10-22 11:26:41)

Peatle

The first time I read this I was thinking Larry was a person that you were lampooning, - then I researched him.  Quite a fantastic story.
That is an awesome expose on political scene in UK through feline perception.
Your muse is so subtle, yet poignant ! 
After I found out Larry was so cool, it all made perfect sense.

Well done my friend !!

Thanks for sharing !
Go Larry10 !!!!!!
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Peatle Jville wrote:

Cheers Brian and Piri it is so surreal what's happening with the British politically powerful I really don't know what to make of it.

I once called it "the idiots threesome" Johnson, Trump and Putin. the ruling tory party got rid of BoJo now they want him back, can i come to live in NZ please? i've heard there's a good PM there     

If I  started  with  political songs  on here  I'd  be  banned  within the  hour . Phill knows  my  leanings .The  only  good  thing  I  can say   is  if  Boris  did  return   then I'd  get  to  play   my  old  songs  again  . Its  beyond  belief  that  the  people  of  our  country  are  stupid  enough to  allow  some  one  as  dishonest  back into  the  system  . Pam and  I  are  packing  our  bags  and  seeking  asylum  in  NZ along  with  Phill . mean while   this  song  says  it  better  than I  can .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aItpjF5vXc     

Phill Williams wrote:
Peatle Jville wrote:

I once called it "the idiots threesome" Johnson, Trump and Putin. the ruling tory party got rid of BoJo now they want him back, can i come to live in NZ please? i've heard there's a good PM there

phill
my advice is dont come here,you wouldnt believe some of the stuff going on in NZ
even as a leftie i think you may find it hair raising.     

The King Of Audio Torture

Cheers everyone I love your comments New Zealand is a wonderful country with mostly good people but like the rest of the world we are groaning under the pain of the foolishness of humanity. Our politicians from both sides are losing their way it's a bit hard to write about in a few words here as it is a very complex thing to explain. Basically, our schools, hospital and infrastructure is broken with all these committees talking about it but no real action at the coal face. Most of our farmers have been pouring money and work into making sure their farms are ecologically sound. Instead of rewarding farmers for being good environment stewards the government has come up with a new proposed extra special tax for farmers to make life harder for them than what it is now.  Farmers are the economic backbone of NZ and that is where most of our overseas earning come from. The positive thing people are starting to say enough is enough and hopefully this will mean that some commonsense people might rise up to stop this madness but who knows. Unfortunately, in our school kids are being taught to believe absolute rubbish and it's making them think that the farming sector is to blame for all sorts of things. If the proposed tax and herd reductions go ahead, it would be ruinous to many farmers and our country. The kids here love to eat but they are ignorant about where the food on their plate comes from. So, we need Larry from number 10 to come and sort us out also LOL. We need the Uk and the USA to do well because what happens in your country affect us as well. So, if your economy catches a cold and sneezes, we in NZ end up with a financial situation that is like a bad flu and pneumonia. I will attach a link to the Wikipedia page about Larry who is a real cat at 10 Downing Street.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_(cat)     

10 (edited by Jandle 2022-10-27 03:05:45)

Brilliant piece of writing skills there Peatle, nicely done smile Larry deserves a medal for living with that lot big_smile Larry probably gets more sense out of the mice he is meant to catch than some of the other rodents living there big_smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Just saw Larry's latest pic, he's put on quite a bit of wait. Has to be all the rats at no 10.     

Just thought, the Shadows did an instrumental back in the sixties called Hats off to Larry...     

13 (edited by Peatle Jville 2022-10-28 09:40:21)

Piri no doubt that would be one of Larry's favorite instrumentals. I'm sure Larry not being a cat of money wouldn't care less about the new Prime Ministers billionaire status.
Will the new PM still be living at Number 10 this Christmas a week is a long time in politics nowadays.
Jan your right Larry deserves a medal. I see on  youtube he has taken to chasing Foxes away . I hope it wasn't Basil Brush.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvZZyoz9Gs8