1 (edited by Grah1 2022-11-16 17:45:43)

Topic: Old Mc Ronald and the Beasts of the Fields

Firstly  I'll apologise   for  the  references  to  New Zealand  Lamb   . This  song  was  written by   a  friend  of our  singer   who  is  a  sheep  farmer  in  the  Yorkshire  dales an we  were  asked  to  do  a  party  for  him   so we  did  a  recording  of  the  song  as  a  special favour  Hope  you  like  it .
Ronnie  Allen is on vocal
Robert  Pitcher  is  on  bass, violin , accordion, drums and  farm yard  noises '
And  me   Graham Windle  on guitar  , banjo  and mandolin  .
Robert  also  did   all  the production  and studio  work .
Hope  you  like   it   its  very  silly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrOLwWxEUe4
Cheers  G

Re: Old Mc Ronald and the Beasts of the Fields

that is so funny and so true.  supermarkets are rationing eggs! milk prices are 50% more expensive than a year ago. and now chickens and turkeys are dying from bird flu.
there was an american on youtube yesterday complaining of having to pay $7 a GALLON for petrol (gas) while we pay £6 a litre and there's 5 litres to a gallon!

so thanks Graham for a little light hearted sarcasm on an otherwise depressing day.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

no need to apologise,we sure have plenty of lamb here
although we have far more sheep  and they are hellbent on putting
farmers out of business,so maybe that will be good for your farmers
unless this movement has got UK farmers in their sites too.
im told eating crickets is on the increase,sounds nice eh.     

The King Of Audio Torture

Grah I enjoyed the lighthearted sarcasm of that song. Farmers all around the world are getting a bad deal from the world powers who run everything. 
No need to apologies about the reference to NZ lamb your Supermarket's do alright out of NZ lamb but your farmers and our farmers and the shoppers are missing out due to the way it is all controlled. Around 95 percent of New Zealand's sheep meat and 87 percent of beef is exported, and what's left behind for locals here in NZ is being sold at an inflated rate. I do know your farmers and our farmers don’t get the payouts that the middle people get.  In the murky world of international trade over in Britain the NZ lamb is cheaper than what we can buy it here in Kiwi land.     

Solidarity my kiwi brothers. I haven't eaten NZ lamb for over 50 years. Nor Welsh lamb come to that, I just don't like lamb! Give me a good beef steak every time with chips and petit pois!     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Good one Grah1.  Doesn't help that farmers are being targeted by govts worldwide, stinks of an agenda, I`ll leave it at that so as not to get political on here hmm smile     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan