Topic: RAIN

I didn't like my first few tries with just voice and guitar so I did it this way'

FSOTM

https://soundcloud.com/iphillfine/rain? … al_sharing 

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: RAIN

If  I  was  covering  this  song  Phill   I  think  I  would  give  it   a  bit  of  a  Reggae   feel  .  However   as  i  said  in  my  Xmas   song  post   my  voice  is  pretty  bad   these  days  so  the  chances   of  doing  any thing  is  getting  less   and  less . Great  lyrics Phill and  a  good  recording  . well   played   and  well  sung  .     

Thanks Graham. I never thought of trying it in reggae style, may give it a go?

Sorry to hear about your voice is it an effect of COVID? If so it may come back in time. I noticed my live voice was very rough and unable to reach the high notes I used to after I had my second bout. Another reason to thank the Tories.     

It's my lung conditions really Phill  ,but covid has made it worse .I've had to cancel all my solo stuff  .After I did the festivals at Lancaster and Kendal I knew it was time to stop .I may still do the odd open Mic song but no more full sets .I can still play with Ronnie and The Rockits for the foreseeable future and maybe do the odd studio track     

it's hard giving up something you love doing or even taking a back seat. i've been doing it for 50 years and i always said once i stop enjoying it i would stop. to be honest i haven't stopped enjoying it, but my knees just wont stand the 2-3 hours of standing then carrying the gear out; house to car, car to stage, stage to car, car to house. then there's the performing and the driving maybe not getting home till 3 o'clock.

i guess you have a pump to help clear you lungs? the punters just don't realise the stuff performers have to go through.     

6 (edited by Grah1 2022-11-15 22:59:17)

Phill even band gigs are getting hard as I find most of the sound depends on me to set up ,sure the rest of the band help with  the gear and the pull down at the end ,but we could really use some roadies and a sound engineer like we had in Greece.Sadly this current band doesn't earn enough for that.

Grah1 wrote:

Phill even band gigs are getting hard as I find most of the sound depends on me to set up ,sure the rest of the band help with  the gear and the pull down at the end ,but we could really use some roadies and a sound engineer like we had in Greece.Sadly this current band doesn't earn enough for that.

Grah
im sure there are people around who would love to help you out.
someone who is a real music fan would love to be associated with the band just for the fun of it.     

The King Of Audio Torture

Phill, that was great, really enjoyed it, found myself singing along with you big_smile .  Great to hear you performing again and hope we hear more from you in the future smile  PS:  If you get a chance, can you flick this into FSOTM thread for November, just so makes it easy to follow the links when I put them up in the monthly submissions.  Cheers.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Hi Phill, this needs to go into the FSOTM November thread, not as a separate topic and thread.  Will be trying to move it if I can, hopefully it doesn't get lost.     

Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Always impressed     

Hi Phill, closing this one down as its not posted in the correct Topic which is Novembers FSOTM.  If you get the chance, please post your song into Novembers FSOTM Topic, cheers and your song is awesome smile