Topic: THE GIRL THAT DID TRICKS IN THE AIR

This just came to me and once I began the story unfolded, unbidden and a little bit risque.

The Girl that Did Tricks In The Air.

She flew through the air like a naked buffoon.
Not a hair on her head, just a shapely full moon.
They asked “from where does this beauty here hail?”
She said “OK mate, I came here from jail.”

Her eyes wet with tears as the tight rope was wrapped.
Around her two wrists so it seemed she was trapped.
Forty feet high above all the heads.
One tragic slip...and the lady be dead.

“Call out the fire department” they called.
“Their ladder and blanket should catch should she fall.”
Her fingers now numb her skin turning blue.
They stood right below her wondering “what should we do?”

She looked down below her a feast to her eyes.
Ten hunky firemen “oooh, what a surprise.”
“Which one will catch me, if I would let go?”
With that in a moment her fingers let go.

Two big muscled he-men held out their arms.
They caught her, held tightly, protecting her charms.
“It's OK young lady” the fire chief exclaimed.
“I'll give you my coat, and my hat lest it rains.”

Eight strapping firemen stood like a fence.
Stuck to the floor, they were lost in a trance.
A shaply young lady they stood there and stared.
For she was the girl that did tricks in the air. 

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: THE GIRL THAT DID TRICKS IN THE AIR

Lol  Phill

That's terrific !
I could easily see that in my mind as  I read it.

Hope all is well with you and Ann.

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Brilliant Phill,really good imagery,know a cartoonist or illustrator?     

The King Of Audio Torture

Hi Jim. Ann and me are fine thanks, getting over covid with little or no lasting effects. Here's hoping you and your fine lady and extended family are well and keeping safe. Enjoying  the three word poem...     

Hi there Brian. Unfortunately no, the only one I knew passed away, he was a great one. Looking forward to your book. I hope you don't mind if I make a charitable donation in your name over here. Probably Great Ormand street children's hospital?

Thanks for the review, it's funny how one line leads to another it all began with " she flew through the air like a naked buffoon" echos of Boris Johnson known locally as the blond buffoon. I think the firemen would have dropped him..LOL     

6 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-12-05 01:14:19)

Phill excellent humour and clever writing. With magic lines such as Eight strapping firemen stood like a fence.

Sir Phill
yes i would love it if you made that donation.
In NZ i am selling the book with all proceeds going to the local hospice
as they do such great work.
Fund raising is going well.
I hope the books i sent you, arrive early in the new year.
in the book i have a colour in page and also a wee song,my aim is to
maybe get the song sung in Childcare/kindergartens as i have licensed it
and can claim performance royalties,another way of raising funds for the hospice.
We`ll have to wait and see how well all these ideas work.     

Shwmae Pedr. Diolch am yna. Thanks for that.

That line came from two references, you can imagine eight strapping straight guys watching a completely naked girl/woman forming a curtain wall around her to hide her nakedness from kids but also to have a good look! Then there's the old joke...how many electricians does it take to change a light bulb? Answer ten, one to change it, one to hold the ladder and eight to give instructions. My apologies to any electricians, I'm just repeating a joke! (I was tempted to say "yeehah" there but I won't )     

Lord Brian. I am so proud to know a brilliant poet and author and also charitable person. I so hope your book sells well And the song raises lots of royalties for such a great cause.
(I was going to say "philanthropist" but I didn't know how to spell it. Turns out it's...I.T.)     

Sir Phill
it`s been a real learning experience,as i didnt have a clue what to or where to start.
the book started with a simple song/story which took 5 minutes.
the publishing side took 8 mths.this simple story i used as a way to see if i could do it.
I have other stories a wanted to publish,but thought i`d start with something short and simple.
mainly it was a legacy project for my grand daughter.     

All I could think was what a TRAMP!!!!!!!!!!!     

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

12 (edited by danielvvvmeyers 2022-07-08 11:32:51)

Great, just great!!! How do you manage to convey a whole story, a whole event in a few lines. Phill, it looks like you have one more fan))) I really enjoyed it.

When you give a presentation, you’d be hard-pressed to find a better way to tell your story and get your point across than to present the material with a clear outline, logical transitions, and professional-grade visuals. Your audience will find your outline easy to follow, and it will help them keep their focus on the topic at hand. It’s a great way to keep your audience engaged and on your toes.

Cleverly written Phill, the imagery of the poem really came to the fore.  Hope you and your wife recover well from CV.  As for myself, no CV just a stupid cold/flu bug for the last 2 weeks with lots of coughing, which is getting very annoying.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Hi Jandle. This poem is from 2021, we've since recovered with no I'll effects. Thanks for the kind wishes. Hope your cough gets better soon, there's nothing worse than a coughing fit in the middle of the night. I was once told of a singers remedy which is (in imperial measures) a pint glass of water, a soup spoonful each of sugar, bicarb and salt, take a mouthful and gargle as far back into your throat as you can stand it, but don't swallow! You can keep the rest in the fridge to take when necessary. It kills throat infections. I used to get white lumps at the back of my throat but no longer!
I'd forgotten about this poem till Daniel dug it up, thanks Daniel. Reading something you've forgotten about is like reading someone else's work for the first time. Thanks for looking and kind comments.     

Phill, thanks for the tip for sore throats, I have made a note of it.  Thankfully I haven't had a sore throat, just an annoying cough but on the mend.   Yes its always interesting when you come across old songs, poems, writings that you have forgotten about, brings back memories.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

A wonderful piece. You managed to create beautiful images