Topic: LGDs Less guitar days

Due to extenuating circumstances. I am thinking about selling a lot of guitars and amps.
Thinking about it. It doesn`t mean that I will. There are a few that I will hold onto and leave to my daughter. Around 4 or 5 and whatever else she wants to keep. One amp.
Bad idea?? They`re not getting much use. Even less now.
Should I keep them or sell ?? 

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: LGDs Less guitar days

guitars like guns never sell maybe trade for others.     

out of tune out of key and out of touch

I have 7 guitars, 2 bass guitars, 2 keyboards and loads of pedals and P.A. equipment. My wife keeps nagging me to sell the stuff I'm not using, as I've retired from gigging, but I have the excuse that I may go back to gigging again, one day! I still love to sit in my studio looking at them hanging on the wall and taking them down from time to time to clean or tune or exercise my fingers for a few minutes. What else is there after retirement TV, go drinking?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

4 (edited by TIGLJK 2023-01-25 13:15:38)

Phill

I would love to see a picture of your studio !
PS - I am sure Ann is encouraging you, not nagging !
Everyone else -
I have way too many guitars - but I don't care.  smile
I'm not even good, but I like to play them and they are great conversation pieces when friends come over.
I always believe that I have to include a note in my will explaining to my wife not to sell them for what I told her I paid for them !
Here is a flow chart that indicates if you need more guitars.
https://guitarsquid.com/flowchart-do-yo … y-guitars/

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

thanks Jim. your flow chart was quite educational. apparently I need more guitars, though it seems to have by-passed retirees     

Phill Williams wrote:

I have 7 guitars, 2 bass guitars, 2 keyboards and loads of pedals and P.A. equipment. My wife keeps nagging me to sell the stuff I'm not using, as I've retired from gigging, but I have the excuse that I may go back to gigging again, one day! I still love to sit in my studio looking at them hanging on the wall and taking them down from time to time to clean or tune or exercise my fingers for a few minutes. What else is there after retirement TV, go drinking?

I have close to 40 guitars. One bass. Around 12 amps. I will need to get rid of some.  It isn`t financial reasons why I`m doing it.
I`ll just say that my bad recreational habits caught up to me.     

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

i guess i don't have that addiction, i only have 5 guitars 1 bass(boat) and 3 amps.  i suppose fishing and golf compete for guitar budget     

out of tune out of key and out of touch

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:
Phill Williams wrote:

I have close to 40 guitars. One bass. Around 12 amps. I will need to get rid of some.  It isn`t financial reasons why I`m doing it.
I`ll just say that my bad recreational habits caught up to me.

I've got eight guitars and four basses. Plus a portable amp, an acoustic amp, and a practice bass amp.  Plus a PA. And a small mixer. And a digital input thingy for recording stuff.  All crammed into a 10x10 office/studio. And a violin. And a couple sacks of harmonicas.

But I probably need all of this somehow, and I expect more.

I'm actually trying to sell one of my basses.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Oh! And enough guitar tools that I'm going to have to move them from the office to the shop. 

And cables.  And miscellaneous gizmos and whatnots.

And many hats. One must wear a hat while playing. It's wrong if you don't.     

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Due to extenuating circumstances. I am thinking about selling a lot of guitars and amps.
Thinking about it. It doesn`t mean that I will. There are a few that I will hold onto and leave to my daughter. Around 4 or 5 and whatever else she wants to keep. One amp.
Bad idea?? They`re not getting much use. Even less now.
Should I keep them or sell ??

If you are trying to get rid of any lap steel, then you should definitely sell. Cheap. To a friend. In Virginia.     

Zurf wrote:

Zurf,
No wonder I suck at playing guitar - I never wear a hat !   smile

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK wrote:
Zurf wrote:

Zurf,
No wonder I suck at playing guitar - I never wear a hat !   smile

Jim

I'm here to help.     

I've been wrong all my life it seems, but no plan to change...sorry     

Zurf, are you that character from Alison in wonderland?