1 (edited by Grah1 2023-02-10 03:42:45)

Topic: Ghost blues Graham Windle at the Skipton Sound bar

I popped over to the Skipton Sound bar to play the other night.Great crowd  great venue.Check this place out of you are in North Yorkshire .This is a cover of a Rory Gallagher song.Ghost blues

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JVooxHlznW8

Re: Ghost blues Graham Windle at the Skipton Sound bar

Sounds great Graham.   I could n't help nut think -  "They called me the snowman"   "ghost Blues"   

Could it be a reflection of grey hair ?      smile   smile   smile

Looked like a lot of fun and a nice bar.

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

We have  a  number   of  good  venues round  here  Jim . I'm just  easing my  self back  into  playing after  my  covid  experiences  . Still  a  bit  of  a  struggle  though .     

Nice one Graham, sounds like the voice is holding up well and getting stronger. Rock on Tommy!     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Better than I expected Phill I'd resigned my self to just playing guitar for Ronnie and the Rockits but I got invited to a small venue the previous week where I did a short  set which went really well so I thought I'd see if I could manage a propper set .Maybe still a bit too soon but getting there.     

Grah, I overworked my voice a few years back over a Christmas time doing 3_4 hour sets. By new year's eve my voice was just a croak by midnight and remained so for around three months! All I can tell you is water, salt, sugar and bicarb, gargle often. Keep away (ironically) from crisps and salty foods on gig nights and build up slowly, and keep away from Sweet Caroline lol     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

We  do   Sweet  Caroline , 500 miles (proclaimers) and  Delilah in the  current  Rockits    set  . I  don't  sing  them thankfully LOL     

Good performance Grah1, your vocals sound fine to me.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Cheers  Jan