1 (edited by easybeat 2023-06-30 21:40:05)

Topic: 4 o`clock

its 4 o`clock
and its time to go
for if i miss it
thats three in a row
two would be better
but once would be best
if there were none then
i wouldn`t fail the test
time keepings not all
that its cracked up to be
sometimes you`re early
and sometimes you`re late
what time you get there
can sometimes decide your fate

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: 4 o`clock

Good one EB I often wonder what the fashionable elite mean by being suitably late is great. If you and I did that they would change our fate.     

That's an open question, right? Late for work? Late for an appointment?  Late for a romantic liaison? The only thing I want to be Late for is my demise.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

OK Brian

I may be completely off my rocker but this is how I read that poem.

I pictured a guy in a  bar that is open 24 hours a day. .  He has been on a drinking binge and three 4 o' clocks have gone by - gonna be late for everything.
He has drank so much, if he was stopped by the police -he fail the sobriety test.

However - realizes he can't drive so he has to wait til he sobers up - making a good decision regarding  his fate.
(Better to be late than dead or having something terrible occur.)

and that's when you know you wrote something really good Brian, when people see the word sand have very different interpretations.  Well done.

Like Phill said in a different thread- it's a mute point by now as the ship has long sailed - but keep them coming Man ! smile     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Tig
im glad you saw something in it,as i havent a clue what its about
but i`ll go with you version because it makes me sound real clever.     

The King Of Audio Torture

haha thats a clever bit of writing.  I think it can be interpreted many ways.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan