Topic: A good short video by Mark Knopfler on playing guitars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG__SwkV3wg 

Re: A good short video by Mark Knopfler on playing guitars

Very interesting but I hate smart alexes, just kidding, knopfler is brilliant.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Peatle that was a real good video - and especially excellent at pointing out all the things that guys like him and Phill can do without batting an eye, that I will never be able to do 

and I know what Phill is gonna say and he is exactly right !

They put in a billion hours of practice - and me - not even close.  smile     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Jim, FYY I tried finger picking after seeing that vid this morning and guess what? I gave it up after 30 minutes as a bad job. You've either got the talent or not, and I am definitely a NOT.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Peatle
thx for the video,but i didnt enjoy it,just off to smash up my guitars now.     

The King Of Audio Torture

The knof  i think has had his talent since he was in nappies. No wonder he makes all guitarists and us mere mortals feel amazed and also unhappy. No wonder he is always in demand as a session player on records for top artists. A guitarist that can play all genres.