Topic: fav songwriters

Carole King is one of my favourite song writers, not strictly a songwriter but more accurately a composer and performer. I saw her concert in the park a couple of years ago and boy she still has it.

Obviously Lennon & McCartney together and as solo writers.

Jon Anderson of Yes. Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull. Roger Hodgeson of Supertramp. and many more.
I'd like to see every ones choice, please add. 

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: fav songwriters

Warren Zevon ,JJ Cale  , Lou  Reed     

3 (edited by easybeat 2023-07-13 00:27:18)

George John Paul
Tig Phill Grah Jets Peatle Neo mojo

The King Of Audio Torture

Lol - I can't decide so I made a special top "5"     smile     It's an impossible task

1) Lennon & McCartney
Bob Dylan
Roger Waters
Billie Joel
Elton John & Bernie Taupin

2)Kris Kristopherson
Joni Mitchell
Neil Young
Bob Marley
Keith Richards
John Fogerty

3)Pete Townshend
James Taylor
Paul Simon
Stevie Nicks
Robert Plant, Jimmy Page & John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin)

4) Freddy Mercury
   Bob Seger
   Woody Guthrie
    Glenn Frey/Don Henley
   Carly Simon

5) John Prine
     Van Morrison
     Willie Nelson
     Robbie Robertson
     Brian Wilson     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

5 (edited by neophytte 2023-07-13 01:07:13)

Hmmm, been sitting here staring at a blank "write message" box for a good 5 mins, I don't think I could name one artist as a favorite - my tastes ebb and flow too much to narrow it down to one. I also find age has changed my tastes (I used to hate when I was a teen and my mum would put on John Denver or Neil Diamond, now I find them ok). But apart from the ones listed above, Bruce Springsteen, John Foxx, Deep Purple, Rick Wakeman (although more as a music writer than songwriter), Bernie Taupin (with Elton John) ... in fact, I applaud anyone who's written a song - it's not always an easy thing to do!!

Cheers

Richard     

[edit] ask me next week and my list will be different tongue

[edit2]

easybeat wrote:

Neo

Thanks for the mention!!

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, singer ]-
Bandcamp     https://richardmortimer.bandcamp.com/follow_me
Discogs          https://www.discogs.com/release/29065579
YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/@RichardMortimerMusic

Every songwriter posted so far are my favs

In my moments of narcissism away from offending other people and alone with my lack of taste a fav is listening to songs written by  a private  fav.

George and Ira Gershwin

Now my secret is out I hope you don’t read this. LOL     

Pedr,  I remember seeing Porgy and Bess at my local flee pit when I was 14. Me and my mate walked out after 10 minutes and got our money back. I appreciate Gershwin music more now but not jazzed up.

Richard. I know what you mean. I don't think I'll ever go off my previous choice, but some of the named writers would also be on my list.

Jim, I agree with all your choices, they're names I would have posted myself but I was tired at the time...

Brian. Ringo also did some crackers too. Thanks for the mention, I wasn't hinting by the way.

Grah. I admit I don't know Warren Zevon, the others aren't my bag but wouldn't it be boring if we all liked the same music?

Phill , Warren wrote   Werewolves  of  London  a song  that   I'm sure  you  have  heard ,but  his  other  songs    are  also  terrific and  sometimes  different .     

Grah I love that song. I'll have to make a point of looking him up. Thanks