1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2023-07-17 11:32:05)

Topic: Self Depreciation

I had a bit of struggle recording this but hopefully it gives a rough idea of what I was trying to achieve.
The chords used are my bodgy version of A   C minor B minor  E
If you do take the time to listen and comment I would be really wrapped. I know its not perfect so feel free to point out where I went wrong also. If someone wants to have a go at improving and changing it feel free to have a go.
  Self Depreciation
Self depreciation aint a bad thing

You gotta laugh

You gotta laugh

Inside me is still that young lad

Even though my eyes are getting a little bit worn out

And my skins getting wrinkled

There’s a youth inside of me

Oh self depreciation doesn’t mean that I’m sad

Doesn’t mean I’m going mad

You gotta laugh

You gotta laugh

Yeah you gotta laugh at yourself

Don’t take it too seriously

There so much going on

Don’t take things so seriously

Oh  it’s the good things about it

Its the fact we are human and don’t get it right all the time

You see perfection can be a boring story

The only way you learn is by being

And being doesn’t always mean perfection

Oh self depreciation delivered with a laugh

You gotta laugh

You gotta laugh

You gotta laugh

You gotta  laugh

You gotta  laugh

You gotta  laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg5-j7O4Vnc

Re: Self Depreciation

Peatle   no one can survive long if you can't laugh at yourself.  ain't no one perfect.

yeah  - that young lad that wants to keep doing things that the old body ai'nt ready for

I just came in 7th in my age bracket in a 1/2 marathon    13 + miles

Jim

Fun at the time - a bit sore later  smile     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

3 (edited by Peatle Jville 2023-12-01 09:07:29)

Good one Jim you are keeping very fit and healthy with your running. I miss being able to run.     Your right laughter is also good for you Laughter it increases the endorphins that are released by your brain. When we laugh, it doesn't just lighten our load mentally, it actually induces physical changes in our body.
All the best to you and your family.
Pete

Pedr, I haven't listened yet but I identify with your words. As you may have recognised I have a strange sense of humour, I will say stuff that's funny to me yet makes others grimace and groan which in turn makes me laugh...I'm a strange one I know!

Jim, I used to love running but those days are long gone. My knees and feet just about allow me to walk these days which is why I had to give up gigging. I have dreams about running and playing sports, rugby, football, tennis, badminton etc all memories now. As Russ says, growing old isn't for sissies, or wimps.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Peatle
good to see some new writing from you,rarely disappointed.
im off to listen

ps thats rarely( not really)     

The King Of Audio Torture

Cheers Piri, it happens to me often that blank look from people when I think I'm been funny. My humour is a little too warped for some to get.

Brian, I was surprised to see this post come up again as it was something I posted about four months back. I had to check out my recording again myself as I couldn't remember what it sounded like.

Season greetings to all of you chordie people out there.     

Hey Peatle, I don't think I've seen this one before, even though I'm subscribed to your YouTube channel ... do you have control over the effects? The reverb on the guitar is too sharp, and the reverb on the vocals is too long; it needs to be tighter, otherwise it detracts from the lyrics. The chords really suited you vocally, though ... and the words are all on point, according to Wikipedia - all in all it sounds good to me!

Cheers

Richard     

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, singer ]-
Bandcamp     https://richardmortimer.bandcamp.com/follow_me
Discogs          https://www.discogs.com/release/29065579
YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/@RichardMortimerMusic

I enjoyed this one Peatle, I must have missed it the first time you showed it on You Tube.  Good message and yes, I can relate to the still young inside too.  I liked the sound effects you put on it too.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

9 (edited by Peatle Jville 2023-12-04 04:26:43)

Richard, thank you for your feedback. I agree the reverb on the guitar and vocals were out.

Jan, thanks for your kind comments. It was a while ago I had a mate lend me some gear to play with and that was what I came up with.