Topic: songs i wish i had written(7)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l19tP_lYI1I
last song thanks to the few people that replied or commented 

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: songs i wish i had written(7)

That song has got that bouncy trademark of the Burt Bacharach, Hal David sound and production.
I wonder if in the rural areas around the world dying towns where people have moved away from will see a return of people in years to come. Maybe its a bit like chordie nowadays not many people hanging around.
The song of Burt Bacharach and Hal David that stands out for me is "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head" written for the 1969 film Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.     

You're right Pedr it sounds like another of those "jump on the bandwagon" songs so popular from the US in the 60s and 70s. Unlike all the other choices you've made Brian, this one I don't like. The banjo, and tuba or trombone bass line are too much of a copy of Raindrops. It does show however your eclectic mix of listening choices. You should keep on as I've learned of some great songs I intend to follow up on.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Brian

I agree with both Phill and and Petey - this was not one his best songs by far.  Mimicked some of his earlier hits in some ways.

However - the lyrics sure seem to fit the message as you have indicated  and Petey already identified - MIA's on Chordie.

The lyrics also sounded a little creepy, in that the second time i listened I felt like he was talking about all his friends had died - just a weird vibe.

I also agree with Phill - I'd like you to continue this - even if just once a week for the same reason Phill indicated.

There are so many great songs out there that we have not uncovered - mostly because mainstream radio doesn't want to play them if there is no money .

Thanks for the week of entertainment Brian - much appreciated

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thanks Brian, for you doing this.  Though I am late to the party and have been MIA this month due to a family member in hospital and then passing away.   I am trying to catch up tonight all that I have missed on Chordie.  I hope you keep this up, it's been interesting and you have introduced me to some artists and songs I hadn't heard of before.  keep going, it interesting. 
Having said that, this is probably the only one so far that I don't like much.  Didn't like the style or much about it.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan