Topic: Some guiatrs im lookin' at

So Im looking to buy a new acoustic within not so distant (hopefully not so distant anyway lol) future, in fact i posted something on this a while back.... but anyway i went to the guitar center web page and saw a few that looked interesting and was just wondering what yalls thoughts were on some of them.

Epiphone PR-150 Acoustic Guitar
                      this one looks nice, but then im not sure epiphones are as high quality as they used to be???

Martin LXM Little Martin Acoustic Guitar

okay yes its a martin, but its kind of a plain finish no pick guard, but then again if it sounds great whatever

Yamaha F335 Acoustic Guitar
                 im really leaning towards this one, i know some ppl with yamahas that say they're good guitars, and its a little more for the money than the martin as far as accesories and finish and all that.....

Anyway anybody familiar with any of these??

All You Need is Love smile

Re: Some guiatrs im lookin' at

I'm not, but I thought I'd throw another name into the mix.  For the $300-350 range I think Simon & Patrick might deserve a look.  I have one and love it--the action was a little high so I had that lowered, and the cedar construction is beautiful, but its soft so you want to be carefull banging it around or you'll wind up with a bunch of dents, but the sound is much more resonant than a lot of gutars that I've played at this price point.  It's hard to find a guitar that puts out sound with some character for $300 and I think the S&P's do.

I'd have to agree with 25Frankster. I love the simon and patrick line. If your carefull you can pick up great deals on ebay for used guitars.  I picked up a Simon and Patrick  rosewood showcase with case for $350 a few months ago. 5 years old but not a mark on it. It's turned out to be my favorite. You may also want to check out the Ibanez AW200ecevv these have been discontinued recently and there going for around $350 for a new one! I have one of these also (although I paid almost twice that for it awhile back) and can vouch for the sound and craftsmanship. Just some ideas...I'll probably throw some more up for ya after I think on it awhile. As far as the ones you mentioned, I'd have to agree with the Yamaha though..Peace!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Have a look at this guitar and brouse around the sight. Best prices I've found yet. I've personally bought 6 guitars from this site.

http://www.adirondackguitar.com/accoust … akG340.htm

good luck, happy shopping!!

Give everything but up.

Have a look at this guitar and brouse around the sight. Best prices I've found yet. I've personally bought 6 guitars from this site.

http://www.adirondackguitar.com/accoust … akG340.htm

good luck, happy shopping!!

Great site! Your right on the prices! Thanks for posting this. The takamine G340 would be an excellent choice also...It was actually my first guitar (about 11 months ago) I've never seen a guitar come so well setup from the factory! Excellent playability, wonderfull sound and to me the gold hardware really sets it of.. I actually posted the review for this guitar that ZZsounds has posted with it on their site..Peace!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

nice site....
by the way the takamine is nice. I love a rosewood fret board

All You Need is Love smile

You might consider Walden Guitars. I have a nice grand auditorium with a cedar top from Walden that sounds very, very nice.
www.waldenguitars.com

Hey Reb! Yamaha is a great buy for the money and so are the Ibenez's. Takamine, can be good and bad! I picked one that was really nice beautiful neck but a tinny sound there was no reverberation to it,then I picked up one right next to it and it sounded great! Same model same strings same everything! You can get great buys over the internet, sometimes and sometimes you get disappointed! Me personally, when I buy an instrument I must play it first! I tend to get lazy about mailing stuff back! And then there is the inability to compare side by side with something else! You mentioned Epiphone they are a perfect example, I played a cheaters guitar (12 string) and it sounded great and right next to it another of the same model and it sounded awful! And both were under $300.00! You might want to check out musiciansfriend.com you could get great deals on all kinds of stuff there! You can also check out altomusic.com Well happy hunting