Topic: Radio Stations

Since we all hail from different parts I thought it would be interesting to listen to the radio stations that you listen to.  Since most major stations have a live feed on the internet we can post the web site here and share.

I listen to an clasic rock station in Montreal called CHOM FM. http://www.chom.com/

Michel

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

Re: Radio Stations

Hi Mike I listen to Q104 Halifax [classic rock],or 720 am [60 and 70 hits], And on saturday and sunday , weekend mornings on CBC radio. How ya been by?

...Badeye.

one caper after another

Great idea, mhebert - This is our local university station, WMSV 91.1 FM at Mississippi State University.
http://www.wmsv.msstate.edu/
Weekday evenings they have boring call-in sports shows with semi-articulate individuals jabbering about SEC sports for hours (who cares? not me!).

Otherwise they are playing nice variety of music with student DJs.
Sunday evenings they have an excellent blues show "The Juke" with is always chock full of great stuff.

They also play "Acoustic Cafe" and other great syndicated programs.  They also bring great live music to town - Paul Thorn is coming in October!  Since it is a university station, you are not constantly barraged with obnoxious advertising and assaulted by idiodic 'on-air personalities'.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

TRY KPIG ,its the most listened too radio station in the world,you can get it on the net.they broadcast from freedom ca. usa.lots of old ,new undeground and bands ,individuals that play clubs and stuff.      dino

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I listen to a loacl radio station here.
It is called ROCK radio. it is on 96.3 FM and broadcast from Paisley near Glasgow.
It is the first radio station in Scotland to play nothing but rock/classic rock.

http://www.rockradio.co.uk/

the early morning DJ is a bit of a pain, it sounds like he is exagerating his scottish accent, or maybe he sounds different because he sounds so polite on the radio? They have a wee irish dj on a sunday afternoon who is very good, canny remember his name though.
Also got the scottish famous Tom Russell, wild wiley and some other nobody,lol.

Tis good to hear Led ZEp, Black sab, bad comany, the who, g'n'r, nazareth, alice cooper, hendrix, ac dc, chili's, gun, foreigner, and many more.
No dance, no rave,
while the other radio staions are talking, this one is rocking!!!! ( their own slogan)

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Depends where I am.

When I am in Dublin then it's Country Mix 106.8fm plays a good mix of country / irish / easy listening.

When I am in Scotland then it's usually BBC Radio 2. Great presenters, great music and best of all NO adverts.

David

Gutar Player, Singer, Entertainer  - At least in my own mind.

7 (edited by SouthPaw41L 2007-09-19 06:00:07)

Sirius Satelite Radio;
Channel 17, Jam Band Central and Channel 32, Grateful Dead Headquarters are my favorites for music but I'm usually practicing on the guitar or piano or trombone so music on the radio is a conflict. I find myself listening to Howard Stern and Bubba The Love Sponge. Avant-garde humorists, both of them!! Hey now! Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo............

Give everything but up.

We have a million stations and none of them good.  I like the singer/songwriter stuff played on radio and that seems to happen only by a beach.  I don't know what it is about saltwater that makes people want to listen to good music, but there you have it. 

So, I'll be scanning this thread hoping to find stations posted by folks who live by beaches.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

upyerkilt wrote:

I listen to a loacl radio station here.
It is called ROCK radio. it is on 96.3 FM and broadcast from Paisley near Glasgow.
It is the first radio station in Scotland to play nothing but rock/classic rock.

http://www.rockradio.co.uk/

the early morning DJ is a bit of a pain, it sounds like he is exagerating his scottish accent, or maybe he sounds different because he sounds so polite on the radio? They have a wee irish dj on a sunday afternoon who is very good, canny remember his name though.
Also got the scottish famous Tom Russell, wild wiley and some other nobody,lol.

Tis good to hear Led ZEp, Black sab, bad comany, the who, g'n'r, nazareth, alice cooper, hendrix, ac dc, chili's, gun, foreigner, and many more.
No dance, no rave,
while the other radio staions are talking, this one is rocking!!!! ( their own slogan)

Ken

I also listen to this while driving around in my wee red mail van. Tom Russell is a legend. Don Macleod who does the Friday evening show used to be in a band in the 80's called The Crows. I, in my 80's glory days, thought they were the dogs bollocks. They never quite made it big and so Big Don went on to be a millionaire promoter and founder of The Cathouse as well as DJ.
Ho hum.

Good music all day.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

ahhh, Don in the cathouse??? I used to talk to him a lot. I remember him talking about a band he was in but never knew the name.
He played what I wanted in the late 80's early 90's, all guns 'n' roses, poison, motley crew, dogs D'amour. Ah the hairspray glam rock, I looked like a burd sometimes ,lol

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Aye! Big Bird fae Sesame Street!

Sorry! wink

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Yes like Davidgrant,

I listen to 106.8fm   Mixture C/W  easy listening.

This Guy is on for one hour a day. Great Stuff usually requested by listeners.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/ronancollins/

Thanks to Don Corleone from this site! I now listen to "Mr Poboy New Orleans

Cajun / Zydeco / Americana.  Great Stuff.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

badeye wrote:

Hi Mike I listen to Q104 Halifax [classic rock],or 720 am [60 and 70 hits], And on saturday and sunday , weekend mornings on CBC radio. How ya been by?

...Badeye.

Been doing good buy.
The move went well, everyone in the family is adjusting quite well to country living. Work has been crazy as usual since I came back..... how are things on the east coast?

Tonight I'm going to see the Habs play Philly!!!! Go Habs Go!

Mchel

mhebert wrote:
badeye wrote:

...Badeye.

Been doing good buy.
The move went well, everyone in the family is adjusting quite well to country living. Work has been crazy as usual since I came back..... how are things on the east coast?

Mchel

Hi Mike things here are pretty good. Fall in the air with trees turning color, frost in mornings. Nice to see Hockey is back, there are a lot of Hab fans here on the east coast. Hope you enjoy the game.

Take Care ...Brad.

one caper after another

My current favorite is SIRIUS' channel 30 coffee house and XM's Channel 50 the Loft. Both are similiar but SIRIUS' Coffee House is more what I like, singer songwriter stuff. I just traded my sirius with the wife's XM so I may change my "tune" later.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

badeye wrote:
mhebert wrote:
badeye wrote:

...Badeye.

Been doing good buy.

Mchel

Hi Mike things here are pretty good. Fall in the air with trees turning color, frost in mornings. Nice to see Hockey is back, there are a lot of Hab fans here on the east coast. Hope you enjoy the game.

Take Care ...Brad.

Hey Brad, Colors are starting to change here also, The Game was ok, my boss told me they were playing the Flyers but when he gave me the tickets I noticed they were playing Pittsburgh, Montreal got a good old ass whooping! Doesn't matter, the tickets were free and we were well seated. What a ripoff though. If you want to go see a game, eat and drink..... better go see the bank for a new morgage! Tickets average 150$, 3.50$ just for a hotdog, 9.50 for a beer....... well you get the idea.

Michel

The Leafs may be changing colours here too....hehehe....I believe the Leafs won their exhibition game..I also hear that the Habs are interested in Jeff O-Neil...don't watch much hockey anymore since the strike...

Yes Mike the players are over paid. Its crazy what they ask
for conssesions and such. Hard to afford a game with those prices. Can you guys get the Habs games on T V , or is it blacked out so fans have to pay crazy prices????

Hockey joke- Toronto's Goalie got hit by a bus on the weekend. It went right through his legs. I should'nt talk I'm a BRUIN fan. lol.

Take care...Badeye.

one caper after another

XFM

its a London station which plays alternative music

franz ferdinand, razorlight, artic monkeys, the editors, kaiser chiefs and lots of other indie/rock bands - 

it has a good site

http://www.xfm.co.uk/home.asp

otherwise Virgin

http://www.virginradio.co.uk/

plays more mainstream rock

Get Planet Rock. It's classic vibes and no disco rave or any other underground tosh.
Let's Rock On! cool

badeye wrote:

Yes Mike the players are over paid. Its crazy what they ask
for conssesions and such. Hard to afford a game with those prices. Can you guys get the Habs games on T V , or is it blacked out so fans have to pay crazy prices????

Hockey joke- Toronto's Goalie got hit by a bus on the weekend. It went right through his legs. I should'nt talk I'm a BRUIN fan. lol.

Take care...Badeye.

No blackouts here....the people would litterally riot if that would happen. Just think of the riots the last time we won the stanly cup, and they were happy! Trashed the whole downtown core.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY1HN93t1Ig

My favourite is Planet Rock big_smile
No messing about, just good solid rock.

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded."
-Jimi Hendrix