Topic: My latest new guitars (almost)

I have been working on two strat type guitars, one a swamp ash body dyed black with Fender texas special pickups on a white pearloid pick guard wired with a tone mod (when you lower the volume your tone does not drop off), rosewood/maple neck, sunken Jim Dunlop strap locks and chrome hardware.

The second is a flametop black korina on black korina back, Rockfield SWC pickups wired on a 5 way blade switch (to split coils and play either or both humbuckers or single coils at the same time), black sunken straplocks, black hardware. I haven't made a selection on neck/fingerboard woods yet and I am thinking of making the neck for this one.

Both bodies have a tru-oil hand rubbed finish that I am currently doing (when I not on chordie have to let each side dry for 1 hr.).
When I'm done I will try to post some finished pictures. I can trouble shoot a guitar problem from an email but I hav'nt figured out how to post a picture.

Bootlegger.

Re: My latest new guitars (almost)

BOOT, you never surprise me, HOW long id you work on these guitars.
You know, I wrote it already, are there places in the USA, near you, because as I told, it is still a dream of me to build an own guitar.
Of course, in work shops they show you different models in wood, and you do the difficult part, like placing humbuckers, single coils, let's say the hardware and the finishing.

A maybe impossible question to answer, do you have an idea how (I use here a Gibson, naked) it will sound if you put, let's say 2 humbuckers, and 2 single coils, all together in 1 guitar?

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: MAKE THE IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

gitaardocphil wrote:

BOOT, you never surprise me, HOW long id you work on these guitars.
You know, I wrote it already, are there places in the USA, near you, because as I told, it is still a dream of me to build an own guitar.
Of course, in work shops they show you different models in wood, and you do the difficult part, like placing humbuckers, single coils, let's say the hardware and the finishing.

A maybe impossible question to answer, do you have an idea how (I use here a Gibson, naked) it will sound if you put, let's say 2 humbuckers, and 2 single coils, all together in 1 guitar?

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: MAKE THE IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE

I am still working on them the hand rub finish I do when I get home from work I do one coat a night. On the Black korina I have 12 coats and about 18 to 28 coats to go for the desired finish I want. The black dyed one has 5 coats and 25 to 35 to go. I can do 3 to 5 coats on each saturday and sunday. I have to have good light to blend in each coat, other wise you end up with a dry spot. The wiring for the black dye strat is already done all ihave to do is connect the hot & ground to the input jack. Once I am done with the finishing (10 days estimated) that guitar will gotogether in about two hours including the set up. I need some black parts and figure what neck wood combination I want for the black korina (african limba) body strat.

You cak buy guitar kits and learn how to build from there or there are placves you can vacation at to learn how to build guitars, I taught myself.

Why would you want to have two humbuckers and two single coils. You can use a 5 way switch (strat blade type) and split the coils of the humbuckers and play the humbuckers together or you can wire three humbuckers and put coil taps (push pull pots) to play the pickups the same way as the five way switch. Your humbuckers have to be a four lead humbucker (4 + 1 ground) to work.

Bootlegger.

I feel like a stud if i put a battery in the right way!

I finished my swamp ash black dyed strat last night big_smile and did the setup. The tone even without pluggin in is amazing, the sustain drips. I plugged it into my Rockman headphone amp this morning, the Fender Texas specials are a good investment, this guitar screams blues. I don't know if you can tell but I am one happy guitar slinger this morning. I put my black korina flame top on hold for a couple of days because it is raining right now and with the weather it takes longer for finish to dry so I will give the finish time to set up before I steel wool it and add more coats. Besides I have a new toy to keep me busy right now big_smile. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Bootlegger.