Topic: Polly Tickle

Polly Tickle
Irony dances in shadows that gleam,
While bold claims of freedom slip into a dream.
The press, muffled voices, denied their space
A narrative woven who's lost in the chase?

Have the Politicians launched truth to the sky?
A flicker of hope, but it’s soaring high
Far from our grasp, it twinkles with flair,
While down here people are anchored, gasping for air.

Promises whispered like petals in flight,
Yet darkness is thickened where shadows invite.
Oh Irony waltzes with silence and pain,
In this circus of words, who stands to gain?

Empty declarations float on the breeze,
While real stories languish where's justice? Please!
We scream for the truth that once held us tight,
But it’s blasted afar in the dead of the night.

So dance on dear irony; guide us back home,
To a world where our voices can never be alone. 

Re: Polly Tickle

Pete
another classic from you
thx
ps thx for getting me writing again     

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: Polly Tickle

Pedr, you are the greatest. Maree must see you pen in hand or tip tapping away and say "would you like some tea, dear?" She knows when it's best to leave you alone, mending the roof can wait for another day...LOL     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

4 (edited by Peatle Jville 2026-09-20 09:30:02)

Re: Polly Tickle

Phill Williams wrote:

Pedr, you are the greatest. Maree must see you pen in hand or tip tapping away and say "would you like some tea, dear?" She knows when it's best to leave you alone, mending the roof can wait for another day...LOL

Oh Maree, my friend, for fifty-five years,
Through laughter and love, through joys and tears.
Forty-five married years we've shared,
Yet here I sit, waiting; I'm unprepared.

With pen in hand, each day I forge lines,
In whimsical worlds or where sunlight shines.
But still I crave that sweet, simple phrase:
“Pete, I adore how you spend your days.”

My rhymes may be silly, my stanzas a jest,
Yet to hear you say it would make me feel blessed.
So while I’m drafting verses that dance and play,
I'm just here hoping you'll find time to say:

“I love watching you write!” Just once let it slip.
It’ll make my heart sing like a jubilant blip.

Re: Polly Tickle

Aw, that's so lovely. I believe you could write on just about any subject and make it intelligent and interesting.  If Maree won't say it I shall, Pedr I enjoy reading your musings a 21st century Shakespeare.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Polly Tickle

Phill Williams wrote:

Aw, that's so lovely. I believe you could write on just about any subject and make it intelligent and interesting.  If Maree won't say it I shall, Pedr I enjoy reading your musings a 21st century Shakespeare.

The words that come from me just happen to be.
Hopefully they weave a tale, not mimic those held high,
For in my heart, I seek to share a view,
Not merely words that echo from the sky,
But visions born of life, bright sometimes dark and true.

I dwell in shadows where the stories stir,
With each soft whisper of the winds that call,
A world unfolded, every breath a blur,
Each page a witness to the rise and fall.

In every heartbeat lies a hidden thread,
The spark that lights the canvas of my mind,
To craft with passion what my soul has said,
A tapestry of thoughts for those who I give my time.

So often I write with fervour yet to be free,
Another poet's path might guide me.
The reality its just how I see what's presented to me.     

Re: Polly Tickle

I'll refer you to my previous comment.

You light my day each time I see
Your musings spread out before me
Whimsy, sometimes.
Serious, too.
Always entertaining
Always true.

Life according to a master of Lore
The world laid bare before him
Infected and sore
Shakespeare lives after centuries still
Lennon lives after just decades
You, my friend will live forever
Social commentary and political decline
Are food for your thought
Enlighten the blind     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Polly Tickle

In shadows thick where silence breeds,
Intelligence under siege, it bleeds,
The predators in suits proclaim,
With smoke screens high, they play their game.

From Liverpool's chords to Zimmerman’s strum,
The calls for peace have come undone,
Folks once sang the truth so clear,
Yet now their echoes disappear.

Oh Cheers Piri, your words ignite,
In darkness deep, a flicker of light,
As ignorance spreads like vines entwined,
We seek your wisdom to unwind.

Where Dylan sang of war and woe,
Now muffled whispers dance below,
Yet in our hearts your verses dwell
A song against the fading swell.

So let us rise with voices bold,
To challenge tales that lie untold;
For in each lyric lies a chance
To break the trance and join the dance.

In quiet corners of our time,
If Shakespeare walked the bustling streets,
He'd weave a tale, a whispered rhyme,
In every heart, his wisdom greets.

Let not your words in shadows hide,
But sing of joy and pain anew.
For in this world where dreams abide,
The heart must dance, and hope break through."

So ponder deep my mentor on love's warm light,
As stars adorn the velvet sky.
To grasp the fleeting joy of night,
'Tis only truth that shall not die.

Cymru your land where the light entwines with mist,
A bard once breathed, his voice a velvet twist,
With words like rivers, wild and unconfined,
He danced through shadows, secrets intertwined.

So here’s to you and all you’ve brought,
For every battle bravely fought;
Thank you, Wales, and thank you too
Mr. Thomas, we owe so much to you.

So I lift a glass also  to Dylan’s cherished name,
For in his verses lives an endless flame.     

Re: Polly Tickle

Beautiful words, enlightening verse
Evocation of mistiness in ones eye
A call to mind of one's long gone
Gone they say but not forgotten
Dylan namesake still amongst us
Lennons partner still bests us
My brother from another mother
Oceans apart but thoughts entwine us
Brain like a super computer
Digesting world news and spitting out commentary
O brawd Pedr, there is no equal     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.