Topic: A "can be interesting" topic

AGAIN THOSE DAMNED STRINGS.
We know a lot more now about existing and kinds of strings.
I just found somewhere in the closet 3 packs with acoustic Martin guitarstrings, but they must be at least 15 years old. They still look perfect, so I am gone use them.
I prefer "light medium" and so they are OK. I don't use a lot of force when playing, and I broke maybe 5 strings (3 when trying to put the on).
I wanted to tell that I it happened already that I used or better switched by accident, the B string, where I should put the G string. Not a real catastrophe.

WHEN DO YOU KNOW or START TO THINK that the strings have to be replaced, AND DO YOU HAVE TO CHANGE ALL THE STRINGS?
- my opinion: thinking about replacing, when they start to have the "detuned" illness. You have to tune your guitar, when you are playing, or everytime you take your guitar to start playing.
Of course, when you just replaced the strings, it takes a few days before they give the correct sound.
- I start also thinking to change them, when, because your fingers are sweating, it leaves traces. (rusty strings). I play now for 35 years, and changing 1 string: still very difficult for me.
__________________________________________________________________________________

HOW TO MANAGE DAMAGE CONTROL? When do you start thinking about changing strings?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: A "can be interesting" topic

I change my strings depending on time used, humidity and how dirty the strings seem, ya know when you play and look at your fingers and they are filthy! I also try to wash my hands before playing, it definately helps. And I've tried the coated strings which do last longer but don't sound so good! I've been playing guitar about 38 years on and off. Now being retired and diabled I have alot more time on my hands then I used to!
                                                                 All My Best, Joey E.

I change them when they're dirty, and lose that nice "new car" smell.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I could try too explain how too put strings on correct but it might confuse you because I cant show you.I think if you asked the people at your local guitar shop they will show you how its done.I  change my strings when they start too sound flat and dull.Ialso wipe them off every time I am done playing it just takes about 30 seconds. hope that helps.   You  can also buy string cleaning stuff at music stores.  dino

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi Doc,

With regards to your question, do I need to replace all the strings, I always buy Gretsch strings for my Gretsch guitar which come with extra 1st and 2nd strings.
So I change these two, and polish the bottom strings with methylated spirits (wood alcohol to those from the USA)

Commercial Break

I buy my strings at a very reasonable price on the net from Thomann based in Deutschland.

regards

David