Topic: looking for new guitar

Hey everyone I have not been on the forum for a while do to recent injuries I am on the couch for six weeks. Any way I have a squire Strat and looking for ether an upgrade for it (new pick ups  etc...) or just a new guitar I need it to be a pretty resanable price. I was looking at a dean MLX any one have one of those? I would like a les paul but those things run like $1000-$2000 I am more like $100-$200. I would use it with mostly rock/metal.

Re: looking for new guitar

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/srs7/c … 45&y=2  Here is some.

and some more http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/produc … =100493060

I'd say go for a new guitar. If you want a hot-rodding project make sure it's not your main playing guitar. Rock/metal you probably want a heavy bodied guitar with high output pickups. I can see you are drawn to classic metal angular guitar shapes, but do consider that they may be mighty uncomfortable. They used to be known as stage guitars, stunning for a photo-shoot or video, but often abandonned for a real gig or studio work. There are lots of good Les Paul copies about but do watch out as there are some bad one's too. For metal look for a good neck you can get your fingers around and up and down fast.

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

Is there a brand or model you recomend?

deaken316 wrote:

Hey everyone I have not been on the forum for a while do to recent injuries I am on the couch for six weeks. Any way I have a squire Strat and looking for ether an upgrade for it (new pick ups  etc...) or just a new guitar I need it to be a pretty resanable price. I was looking at a dean MLX any one have one of those? I would like a les paul but those things run like $1000-$2000 I am more like $100-$200. I would use it with mostly rock/metal.

Be patient and save some more cash up and get a better quality guitar. All the guitars you mentioned are beginners guitars and bottom of the line. I should have read your post more carefully. Since you have a squire strat already go to www.guitarfetish.com and take a look at there single coil pickup sets you can buy one less shipping for about $70.00 american, you can also buy a new pick guard if desired (I like pearliod type pick guards). The higher output pickups will give that squire some guts. Then you can save up for your upgrade guitar and still have your squire as a lay around guitar. (leave it out on a stand so when ever you want to practice or play scales if it falls over you won't need counciling because you damaged your new love... Guitar speaking of course).

Bootlegger.

SEE my topic about ELECTRIC GUITARS and PRICES. I wrote about guitars, with a know name, like epihone. Check it out if you like. I put a lot of time in it, searching decent, very good sounding electric guitars.
LISTEN TO BOOTLEGER: he helps you and he is full of "wisdom" I agree and listen very often what he writes.
__________________________________________________________________________________

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: DON'T SING VOLARE, BUT GUITARE, oh o ho ho.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]