Re: WHO IS CONSIDERED TODAY AS THE BEST GUITARIST?

SGinCYQX wrote:
gitaardocphil wrote:

SGinCYQX, fellow chordian: this is one of the reasons why it matters, we have now a list of famous, guitar players but this word (famous) is not the right word.
I prefer "famous in what they play.)
But just like you, I am a huge fan of Peter Green, I have almost every single song of Mark Knopfler, and I adore BB King. ATTENTION: if you listen to JJ CALE, you hear Mark Knopfler.
BB inspired a lot of people to play the guitar. How old he might be, (born in 1925) and still active as guitar player. I wish I was like that man. SGinCYQX (where did you get this nick name?) and all chordians: he was voted as the 3th best guitar player in the world, by Rolling Stone magazine:
1/ Jimi Hendrix
2/ Duane Allman and followed by
4) Eric Clapton
5) Robert Johnson
6) Chuck Berry.
You can find this information : google: BB King: Wikipedia.
What kind of guitar you have and what style do you play? I think you are a blues man.
I looked where you live, and this was always one of my dreams: living in Canada.
I really should appreciate if you mail me about New Foundland, and what is needed to move to Canada.

Hi Gitaardocphil,

What you say makes sense. Technical ability holds no interest for me. Well, very little. Musicality is what seperates B.B and Jimi from the hordes of shredders in the world. I play mainly the blues, but I love classic rock and I even play heavy metal with my local friends.
My guitar is an Epiphone SG, and my hometown is Gander. The callsign for Gander's airport is CYQX, therefore, "SGinCYQX".

Canada is a fairly easy place to move to, but don't take my word for it. My advice to you is to check this site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/

Newfoundland has a lack of opportunities, I'm afraid. I would head to the mainland, like Toronto or such. Once again, check the site. That's the best idea I can offer.

you live in canada?

Re: WHO IS CONSIDERED TODAY AS THE BEST GUITARIST?

gtrgirl555 wrote:
SGinCYQX wrote:
gitaardocphil wrote:

SGinCYQX, fellow chordian: this is one of the reasons why it matters, we have now a list of famous, guitar players but this word (famous) is not the right word.
I prefer "famous in what they play.)
But just like you, I am a huge fan of Peter Green, I have almost every single song of Mark Knopfler, and I adore BB King. ATTENTION: if you listen to JJ CALE, you hear Mark Knopfler.
BB inspired a lot of people to play the guitar. How old he might be, (born in 1925) and still active as guitar player. I wish I was like that man. SGinCYQX (where did you get this nick name?) and all chordians: he was voted as the 3th best guitar player in the world, by Rolling Stone magazine:
1/ Jimi Hendrix
2/ Duane Allman and followed by
4) Eric Clapton
5) Robert Johnson
6) Chuck Berry.
You can find this information : google: BB King: Wikipedia.
What kind of guitar you have and what style do you play? I think you are a blues man.
I looked where you live, and this was always one of my dreams: living in Canada.
I really should appreciate if you mail me about New Foundland, and what is needed to move to Canada.

Hi Gitaardocphil,

What you say makes sense. Technical ability holds no interest for me. Well, very little. Musicality is what seperates B.B and Jimi from the hordes of shredders in the world. I play mainly the blues, but I love classic rock and I even play heavy metal with my local friends.
My guitar is an Epiphone SG, and my hometown is Gander. The callsign for Gander's airport is CYQX, therefore, "SGinCYQX".

Canada is a fairly easy place to move to, but don't take my word for it. My advice to you is to check this site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/

Newfoundland has a lack of opportunities, I'm afraid. I would head to the mainland, like Toronto or such. Once again, check the site. That's the best idea I can offer.

you live in canada?

Newfoundland:)

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.