Topic: Power chord songs anyone???

I am looking for new songs to learn that use power chords it has to be rock and my drummer has to be able to play along any suggestions? Please post thanks
                                                                                                deaken316

Re: Power chord songs anyone???

Try "Filter"'s first album. The songs on that album are ALL power chords except for "Stuck in here".
I can play every song on there with the exception of "Stuck in here" because it's acoustic...but I'm learning it fast.

I started out with "Filter", "Catherine Wheel" and "The Flys".
Easy Power-Chord players with good rhythms.

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Get a new drummer?  big_smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

You could also go to http://www.Jamcenter.com and jam to the tracks there.

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Try Sweet Jane!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Most Green Day songs use power chords and are relatively easy to play. I use a lot of em. American Idiot, Basket Case etc.

If it has t*ts or pistons it will cost you a fortune

depends on what kind of music you're in to. anthem of our dying day by story of the year is an awesome punk song that uses power chords in drop d tuning. have fun!

::kori::

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

I learned American Idiot, Jesus of suburbia, and holiday

How about the Scorpions?  Rock you Like a Hurricane, is mostly power chords.  And really easy too.

Gibson Les Paul Studio (customized) * Epiphone Zakk Wylde Custom Les Paul "Camo" * Breedlove 6-string acoustic * Takamine 12-string acoustic/electric * Line 6 Spider III 212 150 * Line 6 FBV Shortboard * New tight skin-toned colored Spandex and matching thong *
big_smile

smells like teen spirit by nirvana. It's got a pretty easy solo too.

oh yeah and all the small trhings by bliunk 182.

POWER CHORD SONGS?
I did notice some bands and songs, using power chords.
Have you tried this: playing a ballad using power chords? Another example: "the House of the Rising Sun": it's a traditional, and for most people who like or want to play guitar, start with this song, but compare the version played by THE ANIMALS and compare the same song performed by "FRIJID PINK" this can be maybe the best example, of using power chords.
Personally I prefer to use REGULAR CHORDS, A  E  G...., as another way to create a similar kind of POWER CHORDS. As example I take THE ROLLING STONES: "HONKY TONK WOMAN". You start in G, go to C, back G, and D. METHODS TO PLAY: acoustic, and you have their acoustic version "HONKEY TONK BLUES" play this faster and harder: "honky tonk woman". Easy to play, using power chords. I prefer to play this with more POWER(=  power chordish) by pulling and bending in G, C and D, also other strings. The sound, personal taste, is better this way. Some songs however are different, but it is very amusing to play that song slow, acoustic.

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: USE YOUR POWER TO CONQUER WOMAN

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

You can play all of the album "International Superhits" by Green Day using power chords.
It may say to use barre chords for some parts but if you replace them with power chords (A-based barre=5th string power chord at same fret, E-based=6th string), they still sound like the original songs.