Topic: Recommended guitar course

This forum is for all questions regarding JamPlay.com. Chordie do recommend Jamplay. It has some really impressive online video lessons that retails as low as $19.95.

Please tell all Chordie users what you think about the course.

Re: Recommended guitar course

I did not buy the package but they have some awsome free lessons. I learned to play some of  back in black.

i need to know how to start my jamplay account if  i want to pay with money order is that the same thing as paypal because it only gives me paypal and credit to start?

im not sure if you know but if i do decide to cancel it how fast will it be cancelled. is it immediate

4 (edited by JamPlay 2007-06-18 15:58:44)

deaken316 wrote:

I did not buy the package but they have some awsome free lessons. I learned to play some of  back in black.

That's just a fraction of what you get as a member. We already have quite a few songs & are adding 2-5 more every single week!

freeride132001 wrote:

i need to know how to start my jamplay account if  i want to pay with money order is that the same thing as paypal because it only gives me paypal and credit to start?

im not sure if you know but if i do decide to cancel it how fast will it be cancelled. is it immediate

You can pay with credit card via our merchant processor (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX). With PayPal, you can use the same four credit cards, fund via eCheck (withdrawing funds from your bank account) or fund with your existing PayPal balance.

If you have any questions, just let us know (post here or email us support@jamplay.com).

[url=http://www.jamplay.com/]JamPlay.com[/url] - Online guitar lessons.

Is JamPlay for beginners only or are the more advanced courses

what a long strange trip it's been

I'm a signed up user for jamplay and its great, you can learn whatever music you want and you can start at absolute beginner or slightly advanced...its just awesome, and you can choose your instructors for your own learn ability...its just great, i give it a five star review

patrickjacques wrote:

Is JamPlay for beginners only or are the more advanced courses

We have everything from absolute beginner to advanced players, and everything between. As the post above says, you can scan our instructors & pick whichever is the best for you. If anybody has any other questions, just usknow!

I just looked at JamPlay.com, and I have to give congratulations to the person who realised this. You have a crystal clear high quality image, and I just looked 50".
Very Interesting

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

gitaardocphil wrote:

I just looked at JamPlay.com, and I have to give congratulations to the person who realised this. You have a crystal clear high quality image, and I just looked 50".
Very Interesting

Thanks! All of our filming is done with high definition cameras. Our highest quality streaming is at 640x360 widescreen at 900 kbps in flash. We strive to keep the quality as high as possible!

very interesting,yo..

jamm play may be good but you tube are giving away gutair lessons by the truck load from beginner to advanced. if only you guys shop around. jam play is probably good but you wanna check out you tube, for free just as good if you type accoustic gutair youll be amazed, also electric gutair lessons same calibrer

I have just come away from JamPlay site with sore fingers.lol

I am trying to learn how to finger pick properly and I am finding it very useful. Got a lot of practicing to do, camera work is good but this guy steve is very clear on how to do things, even if I have not managed to do it properly yet, but I am sure I will.

You get more support if you need it. You can discuss how well you are doing, discuss and get more help.
I have only been to one other music teaching site which I think is good but I think Jamplay beats it by a mile. why? Because of the easy layout on it, whatever stage you want to learn, it is there.
Not only for beginners either ( something that put me off going to any of these sites) even if you are intermediate player to good I would think there is still something there for you.
But mostly I would recommend this for anyone wanting to learn the guitar.
I went to the easiest basic part just to see what it was like. If I could have had this sort of teaching when I started it would have made me progress much quicker than I did.

I have had a few freinds wanting me to teach them. I tried and failed ( maybe I was over demanding what they done?) Jamplay teaches the basics of basics to get someone to understand and learn easily.

I know it is not guitar lessons I sent my wife to but I paid £12 a week on a 40 minute tuition for her ( about $23 per 40 minutes) so I think $19.99 ( about £11) per month is definitley worth it.
Only thing about that is about people wanting to spend money over the internet. It does look very safe to me though.

And for geraldine that has not actually went to the site and looked through it properly, youtube does not explain things that good unless you just want to learn a song. This site is for learning guitar and different methods and styles of guitar playing. Youtube does not give you that as clear as jamplay and also, a lot on youtube is just adverts like, " if you want to know more" go to www. dhvjhfvhv  and pay lots of money. Or if the user that put it on gets fed up he takes it off and you never see it again.

Now that I am learning this fingerpicking song which will hopefully make it a lot easier for me to fingerpick any song wit hmore than a thumb and one finger, I cannot see me playing much else unless I decide I just was not meant to fingerpick. But then I could always learn a different style. So much on it, great site
5 out of 5 from me.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

sometime ago I asked to support if I pay by paypal is it a direct charge every month ? And how can I cancel it ?

I saw free lessons and they have high quality it`s like having real school lessons. I think they should have some book or cd theory support. Maybe they have if we adhere to course. Theachers are very good and I liked them very much. We have better song teaching and some theory in some free sites.

thanks to jamplay and to everyone

i need speedwith my picking old tunesacoustic flat top,gold watch and chain, boil them cabbage, old black joe.john hardy etc. in seem to be stuck and lifeliss.  HEELLP  BARRY

My 32 year old son signed up and is thrilled to show me what he is learning and of course I'm thrilled to hear it.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Glad to hear it deadstring! I hope he learns as much as everyone else is with us. If you or your son have any questions at all do not hesitate to contact us!

Is the jamplay content available offline?

I ask because I am a seaman and accessing the net from the ship is a very slow affair.  If I could download various lessons while at home and then take them with me would be great.

I read a lot of good stuff abput jamplay, and the freebie lessons are a neat way to learn some new songs.

If i had the courses with me at work, i'd be able to practice enough so that Mrs Matt wouldn't complain about me playing at home!

Unfortunately our content is not available offline. You have to be online to view it all. This is something we are considering producing though (DVD sets and downloadable material).

Hey everyone,

I've been a member of JamPlay since August of 2009, and it's been incredible!

Also, I've become friends with the owners, and decided to create a website to help spread the word (and earn a little extra from their referral program to feed my iTunes addiction). smile

I made a video tour of my account if you'd like to see inside without signing up. Plus, I found a 25% off coupon code that will save you $4.99 on your first month if you decide to give it a shot.

Here's the page with the video tour of the members-only area and the $5 off coupon code if you're interested:
http://www.guitarlessonscritic.com/reviews/jamplay

Let me know if you have any questions about JamPlay! I'd be happy to help,
Kyle

Jesse Brown wrote:

I read a lot of good stuff abput jamplay, and the freebie lessons are a neat way to learn some new songs.

Thanks for the kind words. Join our site and I think you will agree with what everyone is saying. If you feel otherwise, let us know and we'll happily provide a full refund.

Is it difficult for a girl to learn this??

Andre Bray wrote:

Is it difficult for a girl to learn this??

Absolutely not. We have thousands and thousands of female customers that are learning guitar with us!

I actually did a review of Jamplay on my website, it is a video review and I put a bunch of free video lessons on there as well.

Welcome to our friendly little place on the web, AK. Feel free to join in and teach us somethin'! smile

I'm kinda the unofficial "Wal-Mart Greeter" here, and those last three words up there are my "catch-phrase". Unofficially, of course. smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com