Topic: Access?

Hi,
Boxer one of  my friends here on Chordie could not access The Chordie site
yesterday. Last night i also could not access the site for some hours. If i did
i couldn't submit my post. It just went to page access cannot be displayed?
It Finally did rectify its self. Is This just a european problem?  Or Per are you trying to tell this Old Doll something? lol.

Thank Admin.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Re: Access?

I'm only guessing here, Old Doll, but I think this is quite common with all websites. Every now and then their server will "go down" as the geeks say which means peolpe can't access the site. Happens quite often with the site I help out with. If it happens too often I imagine Per will be pulling his hair out.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Me too. I could not get into this for a while and hotmail.
As Al says, it happens. Sometimes a webmaster will be doing something and has to put the site offline to amend things, or sometimes the server that a website is linked to goes down.

It is annoying but just something I tihnk we have to accept.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I had two technical problems the last few days. Stop reading here and go back to playing your guitar, if you are not interested in the technical details...:)

1. - I have had some problems with my dns-servers. They were located at a fairly unstable branch of the Internet. When they were offline for more than a few hours, people are starting to get problems accessing chordie. They get errors like "domain name not found". I decided to move them (this actually takes 24-36 hours), and it should really happen silently. However it failed terrible when the owner of the new dns-server turned out to have a policy where they are directing all new customers to an ad-site for a few hour. A lot of people thought Chordie was hacked. However the move is complete now, and you can expect more stability in the future.

2. A disk was full yesterday, and the site was down for an hour. Many thanks to James for reporting this immediately. I was just on my way out when I noticed his message. If he had not sent it, the site would have been down for almost a day.

After moving to the new server about a year ago, things have been very stable. The only real problem has been the dns-servers, and that seems to be fixed now.

If you ever are unable to access the site, send a mail to admin@chordie.com.

will do Per.
I did think of it but  I thought you were doing work on the site, in future I will email eve njust to ask

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Great! Usually I put up a message like "down for maintenance" if I have to take the site down for more than a few minutes.

hi old doll i had the same trouble i clicked chordie like i've always done and it came onto a chordie ,com buisness site thats just setting up i had to find the http title to log in   stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

It happened to me as well.
Nice to have an explanation.
All credit to admin.

Regards
Arkady