Topic: POWERFUL singing

Hi all, I enjoy singing; as i'm sure many of us do; when i play my guitar.

i'm in tune, but i'd love to make the most out of my voice for singing along to songs.

i'm sure we're all familiar with Eric Burdon from the animals howling out 'house of the rising sun' but what can you suggest to build your voice up as powerful as his?

Especially when it hits the '...and it's been...' part of the 'there is a house in new orleans they call the rising sun, AND ITS BEEN the ruin of many a poor boy...'

any help on vocal traiing would be appreciated!

Re: POWERFUL singing

I rented a book from the library just for this purpose. I have the same problem and here are some tips that I got from that book that helped me:1 always keep a good posture while playing, I found out that if I don't slouch or hunch my shoulder's my voice carries a bit more power. 2 try to keep your nasal passages open while singing, that keeps the higher notes from being choked when you hit them. 3 relax your vocal chords, this keeps them loose and allows them to vibrate more openly. Finally, when you sing, try to push the air out of the LOWER part of your lungs, but do this steadily, or you will have a voice that fades in and out. I still have a little problem with getting power out of my voice, but the more I keep doing these things, the more of a difference I can feel and hear.