Topic: GRETSCH

About the gretsch penguin: why is this guitar (not the reissue) so incredible expensive? If you own one and you sell it, you are "rich". What makes this guitar so special.
What about the "duojet", who can give me an answer.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: GRETSCH

The White Falcon is an extremely expensive guitar and so is the Duojet, but when you have both of them made into one (The Penguin)...it's going to be REALLY expensive.  And I mean come on, look at it!  The hardware is all gold plated, the binding is all finished wood (probably rare expensive wood) And it's a Gretsch...pretty much paying for the name.  They aren't that expensive really, look up the Martin D-100 Deluxe, pretty much everything on it covered in extremely rare wood, gold and abalone inlays..the list price for that is $109,999.00 USD - No that's not a typo, about the price of a small house.  Their D-50 KOA Deluxe is a bit cheaper at $50,000,00 USD but not much.  So yea, the Gretsch isn't all that bad in price.

DJ Cormier
[url=http://www.bigdjindustriez.tk]www.bigdjindustriez.tk[/url]
myspace.com/bigdjindustriez

I do agree, more I am convinced that somehow they push prices of vintage guitars almost in a surrealistic level. Is a Gibson LP Standard 1959 so much better than a reissue, with "aged wood", same neck and PAF's made today?

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: LET THE FALCON EAT THE PENGUIN ON HIS DUOJET

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

That would depend on who you define as "they."  I don't think the manufacturers push the prices of the vintage instruments, it's rather an effect of supply and demand.  As time passes, the vintage axes are being broken or finding owners who won't part with them, thus supply is decreasing.  At the same time, more guitarists and collectors are wanting them, so demand is increasing.  Price goes up.  In some cases, to truly stupid levels.

What's a genuine Stradivarius going for these days?

"There's such a fine line between genius and stupidity."
                              --David St. Hubbins

A lot, there is also another famous violin builder. I know they tried everything to find that Stradivarius sound, "'after a serious research", they also analysed the combination of the lacquer and, their violin was really good, I even think to remember they used aged wood like for a real Stradivarius
Recent study: a plague of woodworms was the secret behind the extraordinary success of the Stradivarius violin, according to a new U.S. study. They compared violins made with the same kind of wood, using MR scans, spectrography, and only in the Stradivarius violins they could make the difference. It seems that he used a crystal powder to block the worms.
and "they" are mostky the guitar gurus like Gruhn, Wheeler+the fact that The very rich Japanese buy a lot of expensive guitars, like Gretsch Penguin, and 1958-1960 Gibson Standards