Topic: FENDER ACOUSTICS

There is one guitar we know so well: Fender Stratocaster and Fender Telecaster.
On the other hand, I have no experience at all concerning a Fender Acoustic.
Are these acoustic Fenders "inferior" compared with Gibson? and why didn't they focus on production of acoustic guitars, or am I wrong and do they focus more on the acoustic quality of their guitars.
I wrote also an email to PRS, because a company like this can produce probably great sounding guitars and easily compete with Martin and Gibson.
The answer was that they are considering producing acoustics, but at least not the first 5 years

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: FENDER ACOUSTICS

I have not been impressed by Fender's acoustic guitars or their acoustic basses. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

A Fender DG-20S Acoustic was my first guitar.  I still have it, and it still plays great.  I think it's a fine guitar. 
http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/ca/42/instAcoustic_GuitarsDG20S-resized200.gif

I had a Fender Gemini II. It was not too bad. Sounded great but I wasn't too umpressed with the playability. A friend of mine recently took up guitar and he now has the Fender. It got me into acoustic in a big way and I've never gone electric again. Well, only semi-so.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

I have a fender acoustic that suits me fine. A friend of mine who has played for years told me that it was hard to play compared to Martin, Gibson, Taylor, and some other names,
But I think raw blues sound great on it.  But anyway thats just me. Listen to some Big Joe Williams and his homemade nine string guitar and you'll know what I mean. Anyway thats just me.

Take Care ... Badeye,

one caper after another

Definately not of a professional calibre! Actually they are real pieces of crap! If you compare them to martin, guild,seagull etc............

Well thanks for your answers. They are matching entirely with my opinion.
But WHY has Fender, such a brand, neglected the acoustic market? Neglecting is a big word, but the acoustic guitars are so lonely? I mean, that I can't believe that Fender, making such fantastic guitars, like the Fender Stratocaster, and Telecaster, produced in fact "inferior" guitars, compared to others?
I noticed that slowly, there guitars are (except, the electracoustics) becoming better and better.
I don't say that they are bad, but only that it is difficult to accept the lesser quality acoustics.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I have just purchased a 4 string acoustic fender bass that i am extremely pleased with..  Any other acoustic fender, i would never buy..     Peace..

I personally Love my Fender acoustic. Ive had it around for 4 years and still plays as if we bought it yesterday. I couldnt honestly comment on other brands considerings Ive only ever had this one as an acoustic. I Definately am looking forward to my new Fender electric. So Fender hasnt dissapointed me yet, and I have doubts that it ever will.

>:E 

--look at those Chompers

Does anyone know if the Fender CD60 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar is any good?

I've never tried a Fender acoustic but I can't stand Stratocasters, at least not the Squiers or the MIM's. I find the neck feels dead and the bolt on neck heel gets in the way when playing high on the fretboard. IMHO, a guitar as expensive as some Strats are should never have a bolt on neck.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

I have yet to be impressed with any acoustic guitar made by fender, although I do love both the strat and tele (US made) made electric guitars. there is no comparison in what gibson makes as far acoustic guitars go and I dont think any one would dispute me on this

what a long strange trip it's been

I play an acoustic Fender, never had any problems. Back of the neck gets a little slow when dirty, but that's it

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

..Hummmm...I am in the market for a Fender Malibu SCE...waiting for local GC to get some in to try it out .  Hope to hve one by the end of the month..

Peace Love & Rock'n Roll

I bought a Fender DG10CE acoustic for 150 bucks & its fine for the money, but comparing it to Gibsons, Martins, & Taylors is like comparing a Dodge Neon to a Ferrari. You get what you pay for. I've worn out the frets at the bottom and the electronics leave something to be desired, but the overall sound "timbre" suits my taste just fine and I don't have to cry when it gets chipped and scratched...

16 (edited by bigdjindustriez 2007-10-20 05:40:28)

gitaardocphil wrote:

Well thanks for your answers. They are matching entirely with my opinion.
But WHY has Fender, such a brand, neglected the acoustic market? Neglecting is a big word, but the acoustic guitars are so lonely? I mean, that I can't believe that Fender, making such fantastic guitars, like the Fender Stratocaster, and Telecaster, produced in fact "inferior" guitars, compared to others?
I noticed that slowly, there guitars are (except, the electracoustics) becoming better and better.
I don't say that they are bad, but only that it is difficult to accept the lesser quality acoustics.

Hey there Phil.  Fender is actually more popular than you think when it comes to Acoustics.  I'm sure everyone here knows Doc Watson, if you don't...get the hell out haha.  The model of Gallagher guitar that is named after him and he uses, which in itself is one of the finest instrument makers in existence, utillizes a Fender neck and fingerboard (with their own Gallagher nut design).  Fender necks are known for their extremely high action and the fact that they basically play themselves.  If anyone has had a bad experience with a fender acoustic, they either had a dud or it wasn't set up properly, most likely the fault of the music store or person you got it from.  Many people even buy fender necks and put them on all different kinds of guitars.  Yes Martin makes probably THE best neck, because they don't have a trussrod in them, but fender is still pretty great.  The trussrod takes away from the sound because it absorbs the sound.  Fender acoustics are actually fairly popular these days, they just have plain looking heads, so nobody really know they're a fender unless they get up close

DJ Cormier
[url=http://www.bigdjindustriez.tk]www.bigdjindustriez.tk[/url]
myspace.com/bigdjindustriez

I've owned a Fender acoustic for about three weeks now.  It's my first guitar, and with my bashing at the strings you can't tell much about the instrument. 

I bought the Fender on advice of a flat-picker friend who tried every guitar in the store in my price range (under $200) and picked it as the most playable and best sounding.  It has a solid, not composite, top and the difference is audible when he plays. 

If you want to compare my $200 beginner guitar to Martins, Gibsons, and other fine guitars, you can be my guest.  But what's the point?  I hope to develop enough skill with this guitar to really want and appreciate a great guitar.  If that never happens, I won't regret the financial investment compared to the time and energy I'm putting into practice.  Wish me luck.

-- Etan