Topic: another silly song by my six year old

Boo Boo Boo
Boo Boo Boo
Trick or Treat
Give me something good to eat
But if you don't
I will pull down your underwear
I am not scared of you.

I have no idea where the "pull down your underwear" comes from - but I think it's just part of being six because all the little girls seem to shout about underwear and poopies incessently whenever they play together.   I am quite pleased that she avoided poopies in her song. 

I've played the song for her while she sings using a standard GCGD country/folk style. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: another silly song by my six year old

One of these days she's going to finish her song called "I see you and you see me."  I'd be pleased to write what she's got so far but just haven't been blessed with that talent.  It's about people seeing one another, both of them being lonely, and neither one doing anything about it.  Here's a sample from the chorus.

I see you and you see me
Why are we just sitting here
when we could go out and play
You go on and leave
and I'm still so lonely.

There's more verses but I can't remember them just now.  I think it's brilliant. 

Just in case anyone is cyberland is with social services, she has a very fun and friend-filled life.  I just listen to a lot of classic Country and she hears the themes. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

I love these. I've got a stack of 'em at home my eight year old wrote.  She doesn't like me to sing them, though.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

haha,

Well the good old red white and blue
  Are much more prettier than you
  It'd make Abraham Lincoln proud
  If you'd give us a quarter or two...

Me and my bro wrote that when we were real little... We'd sing it on the fourth of July and stick our hats out for change from my gullible old grandpa lol

All You Need is Love smile

5 (edited by Zurf 2007-10-16 20:12:35)

That's a right good song you and your brother had there LR.  I'm hoping you got lots of quarters from your Pappy for it.

Here's one my sisters wrote as little girls and we still sing some 35 years later.  It's a real hillbilly song. 

If you love me, love my applesauce.
If you love me, love my applesauce.
Well Grannie taught me how to make it.
Pappy eats it too.
Momma just loves it.
So why don't you?

Zurf,
I had a incident with my son when my Mam Died He was 7 or so at that time.

I see you and you see me
Why are we just sitting here
when we could go out and play
You go on and leave
and I'm still so lonely.

You know these Make believe friends they sometimes have?
Well i do wonder hard about that one.Young children are so unconditioned
at that age!

Now as for "I will pull down your underwear" What a clever child to know this terrifys most adults as well as children. I know it would me.
Ill have mine well secured if she comes this way "Trick or Treating" Lol.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Now Old Doll, how about that?  You've gone and taught me something about my daughter when you've never even met her.  Your empathy is outstanding.  My daughter has many 'make believe' friends, siblings, and cousins.  (Again to social services, she is perfectly aware that they are make believe.)  It had never occurred to me that the song was about an imaginary friend, and yet now that you mention it I am quite certain that you're correct.    That makes it all the more dear. 

- Zurf