Topic: New Categories

There are a lot of repeated topics from beginners - especially on barre chords and strumming. It is worth having a separate category with stickies that collates the best advice for beginners?

Also people like to point out great players on youtube - is it worth a category of its own "Great Playing on YouTube" ?

I am playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order! [Eric Morecombe]

Re: New Categories

Hi sum

I have thought this a few times before but I think even if you have stickies, people will still not see them and ask the same questions.
I have seen someone asking about posting songs on chordie and another one right underneath asking the same question.
It is like people dont want to read other peoples replies to the same question. Maybe everyone likes a personal reply?

the youtube thing is quite easy to rectify, since it is artists etc, these could be posted in " artists and bands" if they are anywhere else they could be moved by a moderator/admin to the rellevant place.

This is just my personal opinion on it, maybe it would be a good idea. It would still mean replying to the same questions, but maybe with a different reply like.... See sticky.

that would save expalining all the time.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending