1 (edited by mryansisland 2007-10-20 08:10:11)

Topic: Chasing Tabs / chords

I have a recording of Taj Mahal & james Cotton playing HONKY TONK WOMEN, I cant work it out (just Learning) Would any know where to get this music chords tabs etc.. from. If you get a chance listen to it very cool version, something I would like to play.
Peace and good wishes
Michael

"There's no such thing as too much kindness".

Re: Chasing Tabs / chords

WELL be welcome, new chordian, as we name ourselves.
You will find all you want because that song is written by Jagger/Richards aka THE ROLLING STONES. You have two "Stones" versions, 1 acoustic named: COUNTRY HONK, and the other is
HONKY TONK WOMEN
Good luck and you are probably playing it in a few moments.
The song starts in G, C to D.
I hope this will help you

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

mryansisland: did you find the information?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Hi gitaardocphil
Not sure, found your the songs in chordie, I will have bash today,
Have heard the recording it sounds very different and you uses the lyrics of honkey tonk women, thats why I dont think (country honk) it is the right one. THanks for generous time and help
peace and good things too you
Michael

"There's no such thing as too much kindness".

Taj and Joe Cotton, WOW! If the song is on the net please post. I do know TM played most of his music tuned in Open E.  http://www.howtotuneaguitar.org/ will show you how to tune to this key, maybe it will help. I'll keep searching, sounds to good to miss.
I'll keep you posted. Peace, Joe Fitz

Don't know the Taj version but they wouldn't have shied away from the unusual tuning used by Richards. Here's my summary;

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1587

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'