Topic: Alvarez AJ-60SC

Is any one out there familiar with this guitar. Peace, Fitz

Re: Alvarez AJ-60SC

Description as found: Maple back and sides. Solid spruce top. Rosewood fretboard. Fully bound. White pearl rosette. Nickel die-cast tuners. System 600TMK II electronics.
Price between 450 & 500$
It seems to be a guitar made in Korea, and some people wrote that if they didn't get this guitar, used, for 200$, they would prefer a similar one, but more in the direction of an Epiphone Jumbo.
On the other hand reading customer ratings are pretty good 4-5 stars on musiciansfriend, on line music stores. The official list price is about 700-800$, I am not afraid to buy a guitar on line, but if I should, you have at least to know how she sounds. Sometimes, and this becomes more and more interesting: the fact that you can listen how she sounds on sites like youtube and/or myspace.
Hope this helps

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: Alvarez AJ-60SC

Thanks Doc  Phil. Your info is well taken.  Maybe your  knowledge can help from another angle. The guitar I have now is a Yamaha FG-335 made in Taiwan, 1977.  The string height on fret #12 is approx. .25 inches or 3 cm. These #'s seem to be high, playing  the higher notes turns into work. I had it reset, but was told this is the best they can do. Is there a standard measurement for string height for the better guitars? This guitar is in mint condition cosmetically. the sound is so so, but the action sux. Buying on line is a hit and miss purchase, but asking the right questions might help. Have you ever heard of raising the strings at the neck and lowering them on the body for better action? I saw the Valarez on EBay for $250. I'm sure the tone will pass, but like to ask about the string height before bidding. Thanks for time, sorry I Blah Blah a lot, but that's what happens when you get old. Peace, Love and Music. Joe Fitz