Topic: European BANDS

A question I always wanted to ask: why is it so difficult for European musicians, performers, bands to have success in the USA?
There are some great bands here, and for sure in the UK.
See OASIS, they are probably known in the USA, but no matter how big they are here, it remains difficult to be big in the States.

I will give you some names, you can see and listen to them on youtube. PLEASE TRY IT and give me your opinion, I DO HOPE YOU WILL LISTEN from the US.
- TC MATIC (Oh la la la), and from Belgium.
- Techno music and Belgium (pioneers) see MILK INC.
- STASH who wrote one of the most beautiful ballads here: SADNESS
- k's Choice - Not An Addict
- Herman Brood - Saturday Night (from the Netherlands, he died a few years ago, suicide)
- Golden Earring: one of the few bands that can tell they had a huge hit: RADAR LOVE)
I just focused this topic on Belgium and the Netherlands

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: European BANDS

I'm guessing that it's a problem of money and logistics.  Continental USA is so large that for a band to 'break' over there, they would need to tour constantly for years or to do a series of Stadium concerts with huge audiences.  Nobody is willing to hire a stadium for a band never before heard and I guess bands don't want to let their home audience forget them so they can't spend too long away from Europe.

Bonedaddy

I'm the son of rage and love

I taught so.
But here is another one, about bands. Take Buffalo Springfield, with Neil  Young, CANADIAN nationality. Take the HOLLIES, where Nash left after he met Crosby, and starting a so called "supergroup" Crosby, Stills & Nash.
These events caused a few questions.
- What is/was the input of Neil Young (he was a friend of Stills), who was also part: CSN & Young. He played with them, a little bit later he left, he came back....
- To get the American Nationality is not so easy, even worse, I receive a lot of mails asking me to continue for the famous green card tombola. I think you have to pay for participating, a fact I don't like, becauseI don't understand.
So what happened with NEIL YOUNG and GRAHAM NASH: do they have the american nationality? I remember me reading an article that the fact Young didn't have a green card, was one of the reasons to stop with Buffalo Springfield, and that he had to return to Canada after 3 months, to get a new permit for 3 months. I don't know what happened with Nash, being an Englishman.
This whole topic is about musicians versus green card.
Also, if I would love to live in the USA, what do I have to do? If you are married with an American Woman (Guess Who), you met during the "official" 3 months, DO YOU GET A GREEN CARD? I even know someone who went to Florida, to deliver a bew born child having an american nationality, because born in the USA (Bruce Springsteen).
- How did this musicians get or earned their green card?
- What, if I want to live there?
-

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Young

All you need to know about neil young and probably more!

He has done some superb stuff

bonedaddy

I've been on that site.
Here in Belgium, a lot of people try to stay here illegaly, or it takes months even years before they get the nationality, BUT a soccer player, it takes a couple of days and he has the Belgium nationality.
So there was my question, maybe not to well explained, you know: "everybody is equal" but some are MORE equal.

You ain't wrong there!

I don't even know what the immigration policy is over here but why anyone would want to stay is beyond me!

Bonedaddy

Bonedaddy, did you find the songs I mentioned, and if yes, I would appreciate to share your opinion, bad or good or mediocre.