Topic: Morgan Mystery

In a fit a jealously on seeing guitarpxxs Morgan Monroe on youtube (all that inlay!), I went looking for dealer in Europe.
Guess what - no results! I think they are actually made in Asia so I was wondering if thy were branded under a different name here.
Here is a picture of the guitar:-

http://shsaudio.com/M-50.pdf

Anyone seen a dealer or a twin in North Europe? I'd really like to see one in the flesh!

Suz

P.S I' m listening to Springsteen Devils and Dust CD as I type - does he really have to sing as if he's lost his false teeth?:lol:

I am playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order! [Eric Morecombe]

Re: Morgan Mystery

sumelton 1, I am from Belgium.
A lot of my guitars, I have an amazing collection, came straight from the States, 2 guitars, on the plane with me (one at the time), and I knew the serial number. A friend of me wrote that he sold (it was a Martin D-45V, difficult to find here, a lot of guitar stores have a D-35 or a D-42, and if they have a D-45, they ask between 8000€ and 10.000€)
Other guitars, like the entire serie PRS EG, US made, I found on eBay. Those guitars were made from 1990--> 1992, except for one 1990-->1994. I don't find them no longer.
They are dream guitars..
I will try to help, searching on the web.
I saw that guitar, a real beauty, and probably great sound. What's the price?

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: SHE LOOKS EXACTLY AS A MARTIN D-45V

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Hi Doc
About 700 Usd - it is a Martin copy I think available with V or D neck  - I can look at one anywhere in UK, Benelux or Germany if I find one - but the usual iweb sites/nternet stores don't list it. Seems strange because the reviews are very good. Have you used mail order from the US?
Suz

I am playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order! [Eric Morecombe]

4 (edited by Guitarpix 2007-10-14 23:26:51)

Hey I contacted Carry at SHSaudio. They're going to check for any retailers in your area and drop me a E-mail. As soon as I recieve word I'll pass it on...Here's a link to Guitar Worlds video review of the guitar http://shsaudio.com/Morgan%20Monroe%20M50V.mov   This gives you a good demo of the sound with diffrent styles. I would compare these very closely with the Blueridge BR-180's. I played both before purchasing the morgan and the tone and playability were (as far as I could hear) identical. The morgan had better projection which is why I decided on it. The string spacing is a little tight but theres plenty of room on the fretboard to correct this with a new nut. I haven't felt the need though...I've had mine for almost a year and so far it's all positive! I couldn't be happier with it!! If I can offer any asistance in your purchase or consideration of this guitar just let me know. Peace!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Email sent

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

6 (edited by Joe Fitz 2007-10-27 23:33:13)

Joe Fitz wrote:

Morgan Monroe Acoustic InstrumentsHome Morgan Monroe Bean Blossom Indiana Guitars SHS Audio Contact · Morgan 07 Catalog Morgan Monroe Preferred Stocking Dealers.
www.shsaudio.com/morganmonroe.htm - 5k - Cached - Similar pages

Looks like they're made Indiana, US. Search ' Morgan Monroe' on the net, There are many sights, such as:

http://www.shsaudio.com/morganmonroeguitars.htm

I hope this helps.  Joe Fitz

My wife said if I didn't lay off playing a little, she's going to leave me. God I'm gonna miss her!